Young Fined $7,500 for Penalty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans QB Vince Young was fined $7,500 for his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty last Sunday against the Colts. He received the penalty after tossing the ball at Colts DB Kelvin Hayden who had made contact with Young and both ran out of bounds. “Things happen. They’re always going to flag the second guy," said Young. "They caught me in the act and that’s why they flagged me. That’s the ref’s game, they’re going to do what they have do to call a good game."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I still think the two penalties should offset.

That being said, Young needs to get his passion under control sometimes. I hope we start to see him mature above some of this over the next few seasons.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I agree with the penalty. I don't see the point of the fine.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Jeez...next thing you know they are going to be fining guys for holding penalties.

5. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

I think Young should have to pay the fine to the Colts Kelvin Hayden... Hayden does not make much and am sure he could use it... :grrhee:

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It was a bogus penalty.

It should have been 15 yards our way for the pansy pony smacking his helmet while out of bounds.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The league must be strapped for cash they seem to fine players on the daily like they are a poor city trying to collect on speeding tickets. Give the NFL a cheap feel IMO.

8. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

Opinions will vary on this which is ok. I did not think either deserved a penalty as neither act was flagrant in nature. The official flagged Young only because the ball when flipped touched Hayden (IMO). It was obviously not thrown with any intent other than out of anger. Had he flipped the ball to the ground there would have not been a flag... :))

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Did they fine Kelvin Hayden for giving VY an elbow as they ran out of bounds? I think not.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

lame....the league must be short on money or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar