Young Fined $7,500 for Penalty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

My .02....

Can't hurt what he can't catch? Sanders had 2 1/2 sacks. :moon2:

No penalty should've been called on the play at all........until Vince tossed the ball at Hayden. That'll get called every time. Marvin Harrison got called for spiking the ball against New England last year because the ball took a "bad bounce" and hit a NE player. It wasn't intentional, but he got called for it. I don't recall if he was fined. I don't think Vince should've been fined, either.

Chad Johnson should've been fined for putting on that stupid jacket if T.O. was going to get fined for what he did. Chad also should've been flagged AND fined for taunting against Cleveland last week IMO. He should also feel lucky he didn't get dragged into the stands and beaten to a bloody pulp.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

As much as I am a Titans and VY fan; that doesn't make it alright for me to snub the penalty because of that reason. VY threw his helmet at another player because he trash talked him or poked him in the eye or whatever other reason.. but fact of the matter is that his retaliation was clearly self centered and caused us a 15 yard penalty.

What annoys me most is that Vince didn’t stop to think about the consequences. So in other words, he knew his actions would get us penalized and hurt us against our greatest rival, yet he did it anyway.

Being a team leader requires that individual to think before acting and consider all consequences prior to making them. If it was Lendale or Chris Brown who had caused us that penalty, most posters would be asking for his head.

Although most posts in this thread are in retaliation to the refs for not penalizing the Colts on their dirty play.. I’m responding to what Vince did rather than what the refs didn’t call.

Imagine VY did that in a playoff game and his penalty caused us to lose and go home... would you still be jumping to his side, and instead be pointing a finger at opposition players who also should have been penalized during previous plays but weren't?

If that makes you sleep better then more power to you.. but sleeping better doesn’t change the final score.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree. That penatly could have honestly been the difference in the game. THey were driving and looked to have momentum and had a chance at at least a FG before the half. That penalty more or less killed the drive, and also left plenty of time on the clock for Manning to drive down the field and get a FG. The fine is stupid IMO, since it wasnt a flagrant type of penalty. But the penalty was deserved, and realistically had an effect on the outcome of the game.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Gayton Pman and Marvin the Weenie are like two happy gay lovers who like to do happy fun things with each other because they just swing that way - not that there is anything wrong with that.

:coltssuk: today more than yesterday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar