Young Frustrated Discussing Injury Status

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans QB Vince Young watched practice Wednesday from the sidelines. He was clearly frustrated facing reporters who wanted an update on the status of his strained quadriceps muscle. "That's enough about the injury, please, I'm begging you," Young said. "It's enough. I can't do nothing about it. What do you want me to say? I am saying the same thing over and over, the same question. Y'all are just re-wording it." Young remains listed as day-to-day and is growing tired of the talk that he has extra incentive to play in Houston, his hometown. "It is getting on my nerves, man, because y'all be pumping it up for some reason and it is not that crucial," Young said. "It is a regular game. ... It is not all about Vince Young going against the Texans and I am tired of hearing that."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Young needs to cool it. He seems to me like the kind of person who hates when people say stuff about him especially when they talk about his game. I think thats why he makes mistakes. He needs to quit worrying about what people think and be the VY we all love. The one who wont even think for a second before taking off for 15/20 yards.

He aint ever going to be a QUAR AH BACK. He needs to be VA IN CE YOUNG

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I've disagreed with the way he has handled some things as far as the press is concerned, but I actually enjoy him telling the reporters to give it a rest on the injury questions. He's right about that.

I'm afraid his temper is going to make him a target, though. Once they figure out they can push some buttons and get a rise out of him, it will get ugly eventually.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The guy is seeming to have more mental problems than originally thought. Maybe he's only got ice in his veins on the football field? Just might not be cut out to be a pro football player or a leader.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I don't get it - the media is generally a pain in the butt. Everyone loved when Bill Parcels yelled back at them for asking stupid questions. Everyone jumps on Vince for doing the same? I like it - it's a 2-way street... if they can question the players and prod them, then the players and coaches should be able to do the same. The only problem is our media is made up of 8-year old girls, who can't take the heat.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not jumping on him, but he should know, if the media is on your jock for the slightest good you do, they'll be there for the slightest problems too.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

They have every right to, but he also has the right to be irritated with them. But when he does, they go crying to the fans "Mean Vince hurt my feelings!!!!", and then people write things like:

That sounds like jumping on him to me. The media should write about the stupid INT he threw that should have been an easy TD last week. Write about him not planting his back foot and letting balls sail on him. Don't bore me with a school-girl rant about him getting irritated at irritating questions. Heck - it's so common (and amusing) to snap back at the media that Coor's Light has an entire ad campaign now with clips of coaches reacting to the media. It's as much a part of the game as fans booing the refs - I've never seen a ref write an article complaining about it, but the Tennessean has written at least 4 or 5. And Vince is the one who needs to grow up?

8. The 'Media' is helping Young afford his diamond watches, they have every right to question him on his status, if he don't like it, tough, you're in the sport buisness.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Can't nobody tell him nothin.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

what would he do if he was playing in a place like NY..those reporters are a lot worse that the ones in Nashville.

He is in the spotlight and that is part of the territory..he had better get use to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar