Young Frustrated Discussing Injury Status

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

GoTitans3801, I agree completely. I'm not trying to downplay what Vick did. What he did was horrible and pathological. He should be punished severely for it as well. I just get bothered when people insinuate that what he did was worse than killing a person while driving drunk. This countries love affair with animals has gotten to the point where we are more concerned about the neighborhood mutt than the children who live right down the road that get physically abused by their father every night. I just find that type of thinking unbalanced.

I'll try to avoid posting anymore about the Vick topic on this thread. Sorry for chasing this rabbit.

2. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Funny.....Houston radio is applauding VY for sticking it to the media when they were trying to corner him.

Is this really an issue??? I mean really.

The media got what they deserved for trying to outsmart VY.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

For the record, I never stated which I thought worse, nor would I want to debate that since they are both terrible and wrong things. I just wanted to point out that there are distinct differences between the two situations, intent, harm to humans vs. animals, profiteering, etc.

I do stand by the fact that I think Vick "deserves" everything that has happened to him.

Onto the thread topic,

Both sides are correct. Talking to the media is a "game" or "artform". Vince will need to improve that, play nice with the media, to benefit the most in his career. Because let's remember, Vince is an entertainer.. sports are entertainment. Keeping a good public persona will be important to his career during and after the NFL.

At the same time, Vince certainly has the right to say everything he did, and I'm glad he showed a little fire or annoyance during his answers. I personally like seeing people tell it like it is sometimes.

But, in the long run, Vince will have to show restraint and calm during interviews where he gets ticked off, otherwise his attitude could work against his career. And there will be many interviews that will annoy him in the future, regardless of how his career goes.

4. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

This man gets it. The media tried to corner Vince and he wasn't having any of it. And his own fans are calling him immature, and saying he has an attitude problem.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Refusing to talk to media after a loss. Having to be talked into flying commercial to Philly because he missed the team flight. You don't see a pattern?

I support the guy. I think he's an incredible talent. I've defended him on his play and will continue to do so. But Vince shows immaturity at times.

No big deal. And nothing wrong with point it out. He'll learn.

6. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

I'm not upset with pointing out things. And the things you just mentioned are things he'll need to work on. I agree with that.

My problem is with the response to this particular instance. Had he freaked out, or really went after the reporters, I would be right there with you. But he didn't. So I don't think this should be lumped in with the things you just mentioned. We should be able to distinguish between what is truly an immature act and what is not.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm old school. I see things a bit differently. :tj:

We'll agree to disagree.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I've just gotta add - If you drive drunk, and kill someone, you're no better than any other murderer.
    EVERYONE knows the affects of drunk driving. Everyone knows the risks. You might as well fire a gun in to a crowd.

but back to Vince. lol

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

...when they're sober.

I also know that murder is wrong, and that I am a really big wuss who doesn't even like to hurt insects, much less people. Heck, i even feel pity for scorpions as being badly-engineered scapegoats....
    ...but that didn't keep me from trying to kill the woman I loved while in a blackout. When I'm sober, I am completely-physically and morally-incapable of bringing harm to anyone or anything. Apparently, this is not true for Vick.

Sorry for beating this horse :))

p.s.--she still married me. can you believe it?

10. Kbvytenn5310

Kbvytenn5310 Guest

Everyone gets frustrated with the media. Coaches, players, owners and even fans. Its a viscous cycle and I dont see it as a big deal. Everyone knows Vince likes to win and likes to be the one out on the field making plays. And he is very aware of he previous performances so I'm sure he wants to get out there and silence the critics but the injury and uncertainty about whether or not he will be playing is frustrating. Its understandable I think. In any case I dont think its any kind of ground breaking news when someone snaps back at the media or snaps in general when things aren't going so good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar