Young gets a hand in Titans' draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Because, you catch with your body and you wont catch as often, and you'll also get the ball picked a lot. You have to extend toward the ball and use your hands or the ball will bounce off your chest too often. Hard to catch with your chest in a crowd as well.
    And you guys are right. Sorry, Matt Millen really is a genius. So is whoever the browns have as their GM. My mistake. They're pro's so they know it all and can't do bad.
    I know lawyers that can't win cases. Doctors that kill patients. Pro QB's that can't throw. Pro coaches that can't coach, BUT all scouts and GMs do their jobs flawlessly. Mai bad!

2. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

A little fyi, The Browns GM is Phil Savage who drafted Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, T Suggs, Todd Heap, Boulware, Adalius T., Ogden, Jamal Lewis, and Chris McAllister

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah...no one is saying that....so good job on the pointless post.

4. Deuce Wayne

[​IMG]
    :moon2:

5. Deuce Wayne

Then the previous one. And yes Gunny, you are saying that. It's exactly what you've been saying. "These scouts know sooooo much" basically. They watch players just like we do, however they were just lucky enough to get jobs doing so.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not once have I mentioned Matt Millen or that Scouts and GMs are perfect - so no I am not saying that.

I am saying they are more in the know then analysts. They get up close and personal, they get work outs, interviews, they have specific coaches looking at the little intricacies that could make a player better or mediocre. Stuff an analyst couldn't even fathom.

7. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Gloat,

You are knocking down straw men. The argument you have to confront is not "GMs always are smart and make decisions we cannot question" but rather "You and I, and 99% of the talking heads lack information sufficient to know on draft day whether most of the picks were good or bad." There are exceptions if you have seen particular players a lot and know how to evaluate players.

I felt completely confident in declaring, as i have all year, that Vince was a great pick and will be a great player. That is an exceptional case. I know a lot about Griffin, too. I know next to nothing about most of our picks, as do you. You will realize that if you are honest with yourself. FWIW, I watch a ton of college football. But I havent watched and focused on, e.g., Paul Williams for every play of the last two seasons. Have you?

I demand that our GM draft intelligently. If he drafts busts, he should be fired (or the scouts, or all of them). But we can't tell now whether that is so.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Young's 51.5 completion percentage last season was last among the league's top 32 passers. He was even worse in the fourth quarter (50.4) and on third down (42.9).

None of that is meant as an indictment, it's just a fact

ouch ..... gotta work on that
    seriously, he's scary now
    just imagine what'll be like once he gets his passes in the area of guys that can reach a few feet and snatch them out of the air

I like how all those guys kinda have their own niche

Paul Williams - Vertical with large wingspan
    Chris Davis - in the slot - tomorrow
    Joel Filani - Possession

sounds good .... on paper

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

tomorrow?

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i hope the owner of the titans (i forget his name) knows what hes doing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar