Young Getting Work with Vets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: During this week's OTAs, rookie QB Vince Young received some work with the first team offense as he adjusts to the speed of the pro game. "It’s a learning process," said Young. "You can’t be in there all the time, but I like what the coaches are doing. They’re putting me in there and adjusting me to some of the plays, getting me in there with the first-team and some of the guys to get the speed of the game." With the next OTA being in mid-June, many of the players will be away from Baptist Sports Park but Young plans on spending a lot of his time learning what he can before the next OTA. "I’ll be here working. My thing is to have all of the guys out here," said Young. "I’m making sure I have all of the receivers’ and tight ends’ numbers. If I need anything, just getting those guys out here to work so I can get the timing down with them and just continue working like that. Even though the coach is not around, when they come back I’ll be a little bit ahead."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. moosle

moosle Camp Fodder

i love it! someone in a skill position putting in overtime is what we need.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm hoping they can get his contract settled before training camp.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That would be sooo nice.

5. he isnt one of the guys that is gonna hold out either, he wants to get in there and do the best that he can, it seems like hes playing for the love of the game rather than the money, moreso

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good point.
    VY realizes if he holds out he will lose almost a whole year of development and he wants to play ASAP.

7. Man, this is good

This guy wants to play!!!

8. titanfan53

titanfan53 put me in coach

yea, i too like the idea of him wanting to stay and get the timing down with his targets, also it kinda tells the other players hey i am gonna do all i can to contribute even if it means putting in some ot. probably not what he said but im sure it comes off like that, sorta....either way i am all for the Vince movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar