Young: I'm supporting Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

1. Yes, I know VY wasn't implying something racial, I just said that.

2. Yes, the reporter was trying to make something out of nothing by asking why use the term "black man".

3. If I am such the immature teen, why do you keep using video game references like noob and madden?

4. I quoted you because of how Hoffa so elegantly put it as to how you are......"thin skinned".

5. Get over yourself.:moon2:

2. Mr.biggums

The fact that you are implying I am some immature teen is not giving me enough credit....granted you are older than me, doesn't necessarily mean you possess a far superior amount of knowledge than me.......so shut it.

Adversity being white in sports? Thats your problem right there.... you think its always about race when he merely stated he was black but no you aren't mad he brought up the fact he was black (which he had to spin control because of sensationalists like yourself) but the fact its an insult to the great burden carried by the white athlete. Boy you sure sound racially biased.

God I swear you people expect athletes to give an entire lecture on the state of mankind or something...... slang and improper grammar is practiced by all of us especially since we are southerns here....btw Bipolar do you have a college degree? I am currently working on mine.:cool:

p.s. reread what I said, calm down, answer rationally next time, and get over yourself. :grrhee:

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:slap:

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

He didn't miss a single OTA. :suspect:

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

A catfight on a Wednesday night is always good... unless it features two men going at it.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Man, hearing Vince makes McNair sound like Carl Sagan.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Oh man ...... you guys are something else.

Anyway ... I really respect VY for acting like this and supporting the team although it is expected.

I once thought of Collins this way until he starting complaining about wanting to be a starter from here on out. He doesn't think he can go back to being a backup? What team is going to invest in him as a starter being his age? .....

8. Mr.biggums

Dude, you know I am really young so to sit there and say I come across as very young just loses any credibility of you being insightful of my potential age.

What is the matter pops? Surprised the fresh blood's first day in the joint not scaring him?:irked:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So...apparently Vince Young supports Kerry Collins how about that...

10. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well it was a stupid thing to say. Why do you mention your race or gender unless it has a bearing on your point? Stop making excuses for him.

He threw 2 interceptions in a game that the other "black" quarterback threw 2. But the difference was Vince freaked out. He isn't mentally stable and this statement doesn't do much to get away from that.

He needs to choose his words carefully. He will be under the microscope for a while. But don't get me wrong. I hope he gets his mind right. I like seeing him play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar