Young needs help

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Xplayer52, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

This is how I see it
    We need a Quarterback , Young will never be a passer , Young = Vick without the Federal charges. lol

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I really thought our 1st team offense looked like crap. We couldn't run or pass. I'm not really worried about it cause it's preseason but it is what it is...

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

scaife and young is something special...

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You know what I saw. The same thing as last year. And I'm happy too. Vince made one play in the first half which should have given us 7. That is classic Vince Young. Evey half he does something to help you score. In the nfl you don't need much to win. You just need a couple of plays here and there and that is what Vince does. I loved what I saw myself. The magic is still there. If you go back to all of the wins last year, it was the same exact thing. It may not be pretty to watch, but for one or two dazziling moments, you see the playmaking ability. That is all we need to contend. I'm serious too. When everyone of the field is tired, Vince runs like a gazelle and we win. It's gonna be a good ride this year.

5. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Like McNair Wychek? Now with that combo our offense was prolific! If we have to have a TE be our leading receiver for 3-4 years we will be hurting.

6. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

Young needed a wide receiver to be drafted in the 1st round who would have come in BETTER than everyone on our team with the exception of Brandon Jones and Eric Moulds. Rather or not he would have produced would have remained to be seen of course, but getting one of those guys available there would have made a much bigger difference for that position than Griffin is/will at his.....unless they move him to safety.

Thankfully he's shown strides, but he still belongs at Safety. He can still get picks, stuff the run, and be DOMINANT at that position as where cornerback, he's not going to be as much of an impact player.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Don't worry guys. If Vince doesn't do well, Byron Leftwich might be a free agent after this season! :moon2:

Vince is a good passer. I see him developing just as he did in college. first year he had 1 more INT than TD, then one more TD than INT, then 26 TD's and 10 INT's in his last year. VY is a passer who can run. It's just a shame he's had to run so much.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

What confuses me is how we have two amazing CBs who can get to the ball [Griffin is an absolute ballhawk] yet because we put him at CB and not FS, in the regular season [or even preseason] we can't see them on the field at the same time. All I know is people would be scared to throw to the left side of the field with Finnegan and Griffin playing on the ball.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think after that game the coaching staff will really start to think about starting Finnegan.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Lammont "big Dummy" Thompson lost those special pictures of Fisher or what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar