Young-not ready?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big TT, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

A lot of talk about Young not being ready right now. Maybe a good point, and I probably agree with that but does anyone really expect McNair to play uninjured at this point in his career? I don't see it happening, I mean he has lost time to injury every year since early in his career(I'm sure star will no the last season he didn't). If/when that happens don't you think that surely Young would be the backup and see a lot of action whether or not Volek is still around(I don't think so)? I expect that Young's learning curve will be shorter than was McNair's simply because he played against much better teams in college than McNair did. So this theory that we wouldn't see much from this pick for a couple of years I believe is not sound.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There could be Mauck still or someone else, but there isnt much harm in playing Vince Young a little bit over the season (assuming we are not in the playoffs) to get him started.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I agree with you BigTT :ha:

Vince Young could conceivably see the field of play this season and maybe early into it really

heck, i'd bring the kid out even with McNair under center. or let him come in on some short-to-go sits

then again, knowing Steve's injury history he might even notch a few starts. Don't necessarily throw him into the fire .... but warm his toes up a little

4. TouchDown29

TouchDown29 Guest

I think whichever QB we pick will see a few starts possibly 5 or more. Hopefully they will be up for the challenge.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is possible a guy like Couch brought in to be our 3rd QB is the best option in year one if we needed a QB for a few games because Mac was hurt. IMO Young should sit unless he is brought in on a few special plays to take advantage of his legs. If we end up with Leinart he could play if needed with his style and Chow's offense.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

If we get Young or Leinhart I can't see either one of them playing at all in their first season. I wouldn't expect them to come in as the number two QB. I could be wrong but I'd expect them to sit for a whole season.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldnt mind them playing here and there to get them their NFL legs.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I would prefer the Carson Palmer route, especially with Young. I think a year of watching is better than being thrown to the fire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar