Young or Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toly

Toly Free your mind

It's easy to blame the QB while overlooking other details, such as the OL playing poorly and the lack of a running game. Volek has completed 24 out of 38 passes in three preseason games, which are decent numbers.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

maybe because VY hadn't played a game.

I don't want Collins, I am just speculation why we are considering him.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Billy isn't the problem, and Young will benefit more from sitting and learning in the long term. Let him pick it up slowly. I can't wait to see him, but I'd rather wait and actually watch him succede. He's had a few good plays in the preseason, but has not looked ready. Give him time.

I think they're bringing Collins in as insurance. We have the money, and at the rate our line is going Volek won't last more than a few weeks of these hits. I don't want to see Young stuck behind a horrible line for a long season.

Volek is the starter. No one has seen any reason to bench him in the preseason, he's looked fine. Not great, but fine. Certainly don't expect more from Young if you're arguing for throwing him in the fire.

4. As somebody who has watched him closely for years, trust me when I say that Vince will never lose his confidence.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Aw come on. Volek has looked terrible.

I wanted him on the bench last year, but have no problem with him being the starting QB. Especially if the alternative is that washed up drunk Collins

But Voleks play in 2006 has been less than confidence building.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

At the least he could be used the opposite way EG was in his prime. That is EG sat when a game got away from Tennessee. When the Titans get behind by 3 scores it should be VY time.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It could be VY time a lot.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Schwartz!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar