Young Playing Well According to Heimerdinger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: To hear fans discuss it, Vince Young is having a mediocre to bad training camp so far. To hear his coaches, he's doing well. "I don't know where all that is coming from," Titans Offensive Coordinator Mike Heimerdinger said of talk of a bad camp. "Vince has had one bad day but he bounced right back from that. I think he's doing great." Heimerdinger is quick to point out Young is still learning the finer points of a new offense. Heimerdinger kept some elements of Norm Chow's running game, but he completely scrapped the passing scheme. Everything is new. "We've thrown a lot at Vince and he's handled it," Heimerdinger said.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:ha:

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It's nice to hear that Vince has had a good start to camp. But, it really won't mean much until we actually see what happens once they start playing games.

4. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

well i doubt he would say that vy has been blowing goats so far

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Knowing that he's learning an entirely new pass offense explains some of the hesitancy.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i dont think the play book has anything to do with VY arm.

as a QB you should be able to throw the ball to the guy youre trying to throw to. taking defenders out of the picture VY should be able to hit any WR down the field. If he tells a guy to run out 40 yards and cut the to middle theres no reason why the ball should be to high or 5 yards wide. thats all on VY not the playbook. VY should know those guys are just over 6 foot tall not 11 foot tall so why would he throw it so high? he did that a lot last season when guys were wide open.

If he starts that stuff again this season i'll be rooting for Collins in a heart beat.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If you want the 63% completion rate and the long wait for a superbowl, go see Peyton Manning. If you want 63% completion and an early superbowl, see VY.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

vy cant even spell super bowl

9. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

and please stop comparing manning and vy as a passer. its just foolish

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

this is true....but omahacolt, your team is going down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar