Young Possible to Start in Preseason Finale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, who has said rookie Vince Young may start a preseason game, is mum about whether or not Young will be his starting QB on Friday in Green Bay. "He’ll play," Fisher said. 'He’ll probably play about the same playing time he’s had the past couple of weeks." Newest addition Kerry Collins will also make his debut with the Titans as he is getting more comfortable with the offense. Trade rumors continue to surround Billy Volek who may not make the trip for the Packers game. He had no comment based on advice from his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Titans GM Floyd Reese says the addition of Collins shouldn't be seen as a slap in the face for Volek. "From our standpoint we were looking at three quarterbacks with a grand total of (11) starts," said Reese. "And you look at that and think, 'Maybe we do need some veteran experience and maybe we do need somebody that has been through the battles a bit.' And that is where Kerry comes in."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is it a good idea to start Young when Collins needs all the work he can get.

Or are we looking to start Young from week 1?

#90 Camp Fodder

What I found interesting about that article is that it says Volek may not make the trip to Green Bay on advice from his agent.

I say if Rosencrap can get someone to trade us something for Billy, than we should do it.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hopefully a good OL or DL.

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Whats the point of this? We already know Vince isnt going to be our starter this year, and we just signed a guy who needs all the reps he can get. Unless they dont want to throw Kerry to the lions after only 3 days, and figure that he'd probably fair better against backups.

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No, it says he had "no comment" on advice from his agent.
    If the team doesn't send him to GB to play, I am just likely to tune out for the season.

Kerry Collins does not QB any team that I want to see win. Ever.

And frankly, while I could understand all that happened with EG and McNair, these last few weeks have demonstrated what a classless and clueless group are calling the shots for the hometown team.

7. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I think there is a chance VY gets the start for the season...On Sirius radio J.Rice said in speaking to Collins he came to Nashville to be a "backup and mentor."

I don't think he meant for Volek. But hey who knows? I don't care if Collins starts the season. I just hope if or when VY goes in he is confident enough not to get discouraged by ignorant fans. Because we all know even though the Mannings sucked their first year, VY will be held to another standard here in TN.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I begining to think they may start VY against the Jets.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If he's ready they would.

But, he'd have to start, and play the better part of, Friday's game. He needs as much work as possible.

I'm still not sure he's there.

Yet. :brow:

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Starting VY for a half is an excellent idea. Collins can come in the second half and work out the chinks against the second and third teams. Right now the battle for the #1 spot is between Collins and Young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar