Young Possible to Start in Preseason Finale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If that's the case, it's time they moved BV. And, got something (even if it's just a draft pick) for him.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I can't believe this is happening.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I can not believe we are not sending BV to the Packers game. Unbelievable. :sad2:

How is this going to affect Bennett or any of the other players that have known Billy for a while? This is just going to be a nightmare in the locker room.

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

That cant be true. I bet you were rooting for him hard when he played in the Super Bowl ;)

Pluck the Ravens.

5. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I am kind of disappointed in us not giving Billy a shot to start the season. He really didn't look that bad that spring. He was killed by drops, penalties and poor line play. I don't think there is any reason he should lose his starting job yet. And I don't think there is any way we should let VY start the season. He is definetly not ready.

6. Titan

Titan Guest

I dont think he's lost his job yet. Looks to me like hes quiting. He asked for a trade. Sounds like a quiter to me...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dude I love your posts, mostly those that go past 25 words.

Though I don't know why. :brow:

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hey, I like the idea of KC being here. I didn't at first but that was because I felt we were pulling something out of the crap pile nobody else wanted. But the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

KC has experience QB'ing winning teams, experience with multiple systems, and can read defenses and progressions well. The locker room may or may not feel BV was dumped on, but I think when they see how KC can execute a drive, he will rapidly gain their respect. (He already seems to be getting some good stuff out of Calico.)

BV is a nice guy. But let's face it, how long has it been since he had a TD drive? He just hasn't done as well under the Chow system as he did under Dinger. Is it him or Chow? I don't know, but Chow ain't going anywhere. And I also know that KC can't lead any less number of TD drives under Chow than BV. And who knows- either we'll get some compensation for BV in a trade (hopefully OL/DL) or BV will pick his game up. It's all good.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I must have been watching different games than a lot of people. What I saw looked nothing like a QB that could win games. BV has been given his shot, he was announced and given reps as the starting QB and has not performed. I agree the OL is part of the problem but thats who the QB has to play behind and BV has and still does hold on to the ball to long. If BV gives us the best chance to win he should start but if not try Collins and if that doesn't work give VY the experience he's not ready yet but if we have to lose because of the QB let it be him.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If he is not going to Green Bay he is not going to be on our team long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar