Young, Possibly next McNair?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Spinnaker, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

I don't know, but I think us picking 3rd is some kind of sign, Last time we did, we got Steve McNair, Now we get a pretty similar guy. Thoughts, Opinions?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

also, the last 2 QB's picked #3 in the draft were Akili Smith and Joey Harrington .... chew on that for a bit

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

ah ... but the one before was steve

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Better than McNair. He's already been tested. He's smooth. He's cool under pressure. He's taken a team on his back to the championship. He's scored the winning td in front of the whole world. He's done everything McNair had yet to accomplish. They say he's not ready. Please. He's ready to go now. When you can make things happen, you don't have to read defenses, because they have to read you. He's the show. Vince Young will be greater than McNair. He'll win the superbowl.

5. Check and see where the Titans/Oilers have done drafting QBs in the first round:
    1971 - #3 - Dan Pastorini
    1986 - #3 - Jim Everett
    1995 - #3 - Steve McNair
    2006 - #3 - Vince Young

All at #3 overall. All damned good QBs. so far anyway. Numerology dictates that Vince will be a good one...

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I think Vince will run into some problems when under pressure from defensive linemen, but experience will help him out their. I was rooting for the Titans to take Young ever since I watched the Rose Bowl. I was like, "he looks like McNair and Vick combined!" It's always good to have over 280 rushing yards in THE college bowl game while playing the QB position and still be able to celebrate after the game. I am, however, still worried about Volek's situation.

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I just responded to Phislamma on another thread. You are crazy to say that Vince is ready now. If he starts I say he throws between 15-20 INTs and we win 5-6 games. He will be brought along slowly I am sure.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I might even agree with you stat wise, but it wouldn't be because of Vince Young. It would be because the Titans aren't that good. I think he's ready to play. And that doesn't mean play like Bret Favre. That means play like a first year star might play. Showing improvement each week.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jim everettt?

Damn good QB? Try average...

Everett was drafted 2nd in 1986.

"Damn good" might not apply to dan pastorini either star. 103 career TDs vs 161 ints. Nah, he sucked. Sorry to spoil your whole theory buddy.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Chris Everrett?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar