Young Practices but a Game Time Decision

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: QB Vince Young participated on a limited basis in Titans practice today but will be a game time decision in Sunday's contest against the Texans. Young worked with the scout team offense as he tested his strained right quadricep injury. “He will still be a game time decision, but it was encouraging to see him on the field today," Coach Jeff Fisher said. “I think in his mind he targeted Friday and he has worked very hard to get comfortable to be able to do things. He did some soft throwing yesterday and it was good to see him increase the activity." DE Antwan Odom (thigh) and RB Chris Brown (ankle) did not participate in today's practice.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

If he practiced with no issues (even if limited), I don't see any way he doesn't play Sunday. I just hope he doesn't re-injure himself. I'd rather have him at the end of the season, during a possible playoff run than in the middle of the season against our softest opponents.

3. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

i almost wanna say lets hold him out and take the safe side because if he gets hurt again in the texans game i dont wanna lose him for the season. how ever i would like to see him play even tho he should be rested.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If they were optimistic for Young to play, wouldn't you think he would take his reps with the first team? The scout team doesn't sound like he'll be able to go Sunday. They just wanted to give him some work to see how the muscle responds.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I have a feeling that Collins is going to show that the receivers aren't the problem with the passing game.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I hope it doesn't come down to Young playing when he isn't 100% and then he ends up having a terrible game. IMO it still might be better to hold him out and hope he can be fully recovered next week. Certainly if he plays he won't have full mobility and we sure don't want him running anymore than he needs to until he is recovered IMO.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I have the same feeling and I have a bad feeling if Young plays it will be ugly. Heck, it has been ugly in the couple of games prior to his injury.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Collins has always tallied yards. He's a good qb. What he is not, is a winner. I thought at no time was this more evident than is last weeks game. He gets down ito field goal range and gets sacked twice. Vince Young doesn't get sacked like that. At least not as often. Collins will probably make the Wr's look better, and they probably are better with him, but what they are not is winners.

I think I want Vince to play, because I don't believe in babying injuries. The whole idea of rehab is to work the problem so it responds. Playing does that. In my opinion, he gives us the best chance to win. And if Collin goes, I give us a very slim chance. This is a game we need. 3-3 is not bad, not bad at all, but I think we need 4-2 this week. I think Vince will give us a chance to get it. I do agree tho, not practicing with the first team is a bad sign.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I let VY test it early, if he thinks hes not good to go, Im not gonna risk a tear if Im Fish.

10. Kbvytenn5310

Kbvytenn5310 Guest

If he can play then i'd love to see Vince play and run all over the field on the Texans. He gives us the best chance to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar