Young Practices with Vets for First Time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vince Young took the field for the first time yesterday with the Titans veterans and made a good impression with his skill and attitude. "I'd say he did pretty well his first day; he threw some great passes," CB Reynaldo Hill said. "I can see that he's got it. He has what it takes to be an NFL quarterback. And he knows how to carry himself, too, you could tell that." Though he only received roughly a dozen reps in team drills, he passed the eye test for many of the players. "He is a good-looking athlete. And I think he is one of those guys who is probably going to develop really fast," LB Peter Sirmon said. "There will probably be huge improvements from one minicamp to the next. But he has all the tools to work with, you can tell that."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

huge improvements :brow:

Young will get it done.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Still worrying about the snaps problems.

4. He has a while to get used to the direct snap before they throw him into the fire...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah I know, but nothing I wanna read about.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We are going to the sideways snap this year. Or just calling "Shotgun". Like on the playground. League approval pending.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Wonder if Volek is feeling any pressure with Young breathing down his neck. If Volek doesnt get it done i say in the first 6 games he'll be out of there. But this move may be due to Bud Adams trying to keep fans in the stands.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Love it

Go Long on one!

Get open on one!

thats the playbook.

9. They could do a happy medium and have Young stand 1 foot behind the center and then there's no direct snap and it's still not a shotgun formation... :ha:

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Shotgun would work. whatever can make vince do his thang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar