Young Prepares to Face Chargers 3-4 Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vince Young and the Titans are preparing to face their first 3-4 defense of the season in the Chargers this Sunday. "[Mike Munchak] and his staff have a good feel for it," said Coach Jeff Fisher. "But it is different. They (Chargers) can bring it from all different places." Fisher knows his team has a tough challenge Sunday with a team who has won six of their last eight games and could clinch the AFC West with a Broncos loss. "They’re playing very well on defense," Fisher continues. "They’re second in the league in takeaways. Their takeaway/giveaway ratio and interceptions are first in the league. They’ve got 31 sacks. They’re playing well."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.
  2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 MY Titans wore navy blue.

I'm really fearful about how we'll hold up against that D, but hopefully we can get momentum early and not let go. This year we've also got a D that can rattle others.
    Incidentally, what in the hell is Vince doing in that photo for the article?
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

Frankly, the 3-4 should be to Vince's advantage. It will give us more space, more visibility, and more unpredictability which is where Vince shines. I've never been a big fan of it myself for no other reason than someone always seems to be playing out of their normal position in it.
  4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

No one in the NFL has been more productive than Young over the past four weeks. Since Nov. 11 he leads all players in combined rushing and passing yards.

per the Tennessean

:)
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

^that's great to know. He finally started using those legs again, which helps his entire game a lot. Hopefully, the more we need wins, the more he leaves the pocket. I just hope he starts running more forward than doing that side step thing he's been doing lately.
  6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

He will see alot of different blitzes with a 3-4. with four LBs shifting, spying and blitzing VY will need to be on his game. I think it is to VYs advantage. The more they blitz and lose containment on VY the more it hurts them. When he is blitzed he tends to fall back on his instincts. That can lead to big plays. The chargers will come after him. Now how will the titans power running game work against a three man d-line?
  7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Vince do what you got to do man run, pass all of that if you can get us first downs, and touchdowns.Go titans!!
  8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

how many interceptions do the Chargers have this yr..24??

expect them to get more this weekend

the Chargers D has vastly improved since the start of the season while ours is up and down.
  9. plato

plato Camp Fodder

I'm glad VY is now healthy..... He will need to be this weekend..
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Vince can have a great game. Yet he could have a terrible game. You just never know with him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.