Young Reacts to Matt Leinart Pictures

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by vslyke, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

You just said he was getting drunk with a bunch of college kids so I just said he wasn't. And what Spitzer was doing is illegal and immoral in the majority of america's eyes. What vince was doing is perfectly legal and 99% of the country do not think it's wrong.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not just any grown man, a grown man who said he wants to be a model for how young people should behave, and who has the eye of many young people.

Binge drinking in college has ruined many lives, it is not behavior that should be a model for how people should act.

3. Hoffa

Agreed, he's not.

I don't think you have to be ultra-conservative to hope your child doesn't drink tequilla until they can't stand up straight. There is a responsible way to drink, arranging a sober ride is certainly being responsible, but that doesn't mean it's ok to go ahead and drink yourself into a stupor. I'm not advocating zero tolerance for drinking, I'm talking about binge drinking, which in the pictures VY appears to be doing.

Again, it's only an issue because VY wants to be a model, but thinks it's OK for him to act otherwise so long as no one finds out. Hypocritical.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gotta backtrack, but i'd rather my 17 year old be having sex than drinking. But then again, drinking at 17 is illegal, and becoming a drunk is more reckless than becoming a sex addict (a man). My standards are probably screwed though?

5. Hoffa

I never thought we had the same standards, but I'm 100% with you on this one...

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Mostly, there's no evidence that it was "binge" drinking or unsafe behavior. Shirtless guys drinking (and over 21) isn't a moral problem for me. To be a role model, you shouldn't show project an image of drinking to kids, particularly that encourages underage or unsafe drinking. He's sorry that he let a negative image get out, but that doesn't mean that he can't be a role model and still drink alcohol in his private life.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I guess I just don't take the pictures as him binge drinking. There's one picture of him drinking liquor. Yes he looks like he's drunk, but he's not totally drunk where he's passed out. If there were pictures of him passed out or 10 pictures of him drinking out of a bottle that night I would agree with you. But seeing one picture of a guy drinking liquor does not convince me he's a binge drinker, personally I like to know all the facts before I call someone a bad role model.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

You also play child support, but you don't have to worry about that with alcohol do you? Put it another way, do you want your kid to have a bad kidney or kids, AIDS, and other STDs? Drinking is much less serious thta unprotected sex.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That was supposed to be open ended enough to be non-conclusive. The sex I would not have a problem with. If I had a daughter who I felt was truly in love with a decent guy who I felt would likely go on to marry her I would be more or less ok with sex just so long as the chance of pregnancy was eliminated.

Tell her no and she'll go and do him anyways... and twice on Sunday... I like to think disease isn't an issue so much with young monogamous lovers so that concerns me less. It's the prospect of entering parenthood un-wed or ill-prepared that I would fear the most. Nice thing about a hangover is that it goes away after a day or so...

But anyways... as for legality, a 17 y/o daughter of mine would have my blessing to be with a guy who was over 18, just so long as the age difference is only about three years or so. Anymore than that (over 21) just would seem like a little too much.. as for my use of the term "reckless", I would much rather pay for my 17 year old to go to alcohol and drug counseling than become a father/mother before he/she is even a legal adult.

Besides, Vince Young isn't even underage so I don't see what the big deal is. I don't see anything wrong with people in their early twenties doing exactly what you expect of people in their early twenties. I think it's ****ed up that we who are older are elevating these "role-models" to a standard that is just too high given their place.

I've read examples of politicians here... "W" Bush... love the cocaine... Clinton didn't inhale the cigar he inserted in that woman... How in the world do we give the highest roll model a complete pass and bash a guy who drinks responsibly? That just doesn't wash.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gee Vince Young had a drink with some of his old friends he probably hardly sees during his hectic NFL schedule. What was he thinking? Having fun? Seeing friends?

No no Vince, go back to isolation in a dark room learning your play book. What is this fun thing you are doing

:rolleyes:

Uptight, bible bashing parents are worse than an athlete having fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar