Young Sits as Titans Fall to Skins 14-6

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans QB Vince Young broke a team curfew rule by staying at home the night before a game instead of at the team hotel. The result was him being sidelined for a dull preseason opener as the Titans lost to the Redskins 14-6. The Titans got their only points from their kickers — a 41-yard field goal by Rob Bironas in the first half and a 39-yarder by John Vaughn in the second half. The Redskins scored two touchdowns in the game's final 1:14, first on a 1-yard run by Marcus Mason and then 30 seconds later on a defensive fumble recovery in the end zone by Byron Westbrook. "We did some good things and we did some bad things, so there is always room for improvement," said RB Chris Brown who started the game. "We made a play and then we would shoot ourselves in the foot, so we just have to put a whole drive together."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

kerry collins STILL SUCKS !!!!

Chris Henry looked the best out of the three rb's. I wish he could have run with the first team. Also King!!! He looked real good. He was out of position on one good pass though. It must have been the advice he took from rey rey.

Still pissed at VY though. I think the whole crowd collectively said "Where's Vince?" when that LOSER kfc ran out on the field.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Learn to like him.

Because he's as good a back-up QB as this team (or any team, for that matter) is going to find.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

Actually, Rattay performed better from what I saw. Put Rattay in with the first team and we would have scored with something other than the kicker.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

While Rattay was performing with a different group players, he was also playing against different players that Collins was, too.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

A ball thrown in the dirt is still a ball thrown in the dirt. If you mean to say that kfc is too ____ scared to throw the ball to the receivers cuz the defender is just too good then kfc needs to retire.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moulds dropped a short bullet to him on 3rd and G that Collins threw

8. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

I'm sure it was worth it to vince though. i'm sure he has about a $10,000 bed versus some cheapo at the hotel.haha

9. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Thats rediculous vince set out lol. I wouldnt play vince young on a nationally televised game in front of the nation and other teams either. Nah mean lol.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He had better not do it to often.

It's bad enough we're dealing with all these Pacman distractions.

We don't need many more of these from our best player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar