Young Strong on First Day of OTAs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you make good observations for the most part, so I've got no venom for you... but...:banned:

McNair is made of glass. He hardly ever practices because he's done.
    McNair does not have 5 productive years left as Bus Cooke claims...

when he was... key words...:irked:

look... you are already writing Young off. I'm going to defend Young to the death in this forum.:evil:

Your post is BS. You are missing something. It's called the BIG PICTURE!:grrr:

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well he rarely worked out in the offseason either, healthy or not. Let's face it, the lack of practice and perhaps conditioning in the offseason were not positives.

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Anyone else think we should be going with a rookie center throughout the season?

It may seem a little odd and I like Kevin Mawae but our o-line is pretty young. We have some youth in the guards behind Olson and the other one (forget the names). We need someone to grow with Young as the center and I don't think its Amano.

4. Which is exactly why we should have Mawae, he gives them experience, with a vet like him, the O-Line can only get better:)

We should be thinking about a new young centre, but not just yet, Mawae has got a couple more years left in him:winker:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It has been brought to my attention that this a pro Vince Young statement.

:cool:

6. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Call me crazy but....

The more I see VY, the more I am leaning toward him starting this season. He is very mature for his age, and that shows on the field. He is also very poised, and this is a must. Especially for a rookie.

Have you noticed that Fisher and Reese say he will be on the field when he says he's ready. That is alot different from Mac. They put Mac on the field when they felt we was ready. Fisher also said that it was going to be hard to fight temptation and just put him out there.

I do believe that if Mac goes. VY is our best chance this season.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No way Vince is our starter this season... If the season tanks, maybe he starts at the VERY end of the season, but hopefully not even then. Ease him into this. Vince isn't the one who should call the shots on when he's ready. No matter how amazing an athelete he is, he's a rookie, and he's in the NFL now. Let him sit at least a year. Volek can man the helm, with three quality RBs we should be able to get something going.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1997 vs 2006...

Look at the titans in 1997. That was steve mcnair's first season as a starter. While he struggled with the passing game he did a lot of good things including running for over 600 yards. That young supposedly green mcnair posted numbers comparable to pro bowler micheal vick in 2005. Vick made the pro bowl with a 73 passing rating and 597 rushing yards. Ironically both vick's falcons this year and the oilers in 97 had the same record...8-8..

The point? By mid season or even before young can be at a level that mcnair was in 1997 and vick is now. Why not? The guy lead an offense that scored 50 points a game!

I'm not suggesting we rush him out there but if billy goes down the job will be vince's ........for the next 14 years. Once this guy gets on the field nobody is going to put him back on the bench.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what i liked most about fisher's interview

As they did back then and as you will continue to do for the next six months, you’re going to ask me every single day when he’s going to play. That’s what they did with Steve, and the answer is, ‘when he’s ready.’ That’s where we are with it right now.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

thnom....

I don't know if there has ever been a post i disagreed with more than the one you just wrote. A rookie center? A young QB needs proven veteran players blocking for him not some rookie. Amano is not a rookie he is entering his third year and god help vince young if he is starting. It's entirely possible that either douglas or olds our udfa centers can beat amano out as the #2 but we are not paying mawae darn good money to sit on the bench. That is madness! A major reason we got him was to provide stability for our young QB.

When steve mcnair was a young QB he had vet o-lineman like bruce matthews, hopkins, stepnoski and runyon blocking for him. VY deserves the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar