Young Strong on First Day of OTAs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Interesting article at yahoo sports about Vince Young and him playing this season.

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Hey Bipolar ( I know this is a late reply but I have been away a bit)

I think you missed the point of my post. It was not pro-Mac or anti-Vince. It was a response to Ghosts post:

thats what we need out there, someone that wants to work and get better, that was one of the biggest downfalls with mcnair, he would hardly ever practice and just play in the games, and they got used to a different qb during the week

He seemed to be saying that Mac didn't want to practice and was lazy so it is good to get vince in here because he doesn't have these problems and he will actually practice.
    I was just saying the post didn't make sense because Mac didn't play because he was hurt and vince has not yet had the chance to get hurt and be in McNairs spot so the comparison is a poor and unfair one.
    For the record, I am exicted about Vince and the future and am very ready for Mac to move on. He gave us some very good years but it is business and time to move on. Hope that clears up any miscommunication.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That does clear it up for me. Sorry for the snap attack... but the fact does remain that in recent seasons McNair has not practiced anyhere near enough... We all went to bed Saturady night WAY too many times not knowing who was going to start. Sure, he did some heroic stuff from time to time, but our 9-23 record is still 9-23... that sucks and a change must be made. It's time for fresh blood. I realize that the comparison is unfair and I'll admit at the short time I was able, (able... not willing, mind you)... able to browse the thread I guess I misconstrued what you were really trying to relate... but I still feel just as strongly as I did before that the move from McNair to Young is a neccesary move. It is regretable that McNair won't fix his contract so that he can remain and retire a Titan... The FO hand has been forced, IMO, in this instance, and the TEAM thing to do is to deal McNair away and hope for a future with Vince. BTW- didn't mean to get hot but if I smell anything even remotely hateful toward Vince Young I will go off. This is a personality flaw that resides within me, so please, don't be offended.

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

No problem. Glad to clear that up. I am totally for vince and I also think it is a necessary change. Mac is broken down and that has denfinetly been a problem. Don't worry I have read enough of your posts not to take them personally. Keep postin. I enjoy it.

5. Louisiana Titan

Louisiana Titan Camp Fodder

here here well said

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar