Young to Remain #2 Despite Addition of Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's your OC play calling.

2. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

I disagree that it is all OC play calling. I saw Billy hit the short route when Troupe was wide open about 15 yards further up the field. The play was there; he just made the wrong read...but in all fairness..no one makes the right play everytime. I would have liked to seen Billy play with Givens, Bennett and Wade all at the same time. I think our offense would look a little better with the full complement of receivers....but make not mistake.....Billy or Kerry will start...the other will be gone by fairly quickly. Remember, this is the team that cut O'Donnell just prior to the season starting after being a great backup behind McNair. I quote Jeff: "Again there’s also a chance that Matt Mauck is on the roster. " Vince will be #2, Kerry or Billy will be #1...the other will not be #3. There is tremendous pressure on Jeff to show dramatic improvement. The Titans are pulling out all of the stops, and this is the first of many things to come. I think we will see several DLs and at least 1 or 2 CBs added prior to game 1 even though they will all be starting from scratch with out team.

3. Big avator...

Volek's leaving at the end of the season, he may get injured early, we need a vet QB in this situation

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Really. Imo, Billy is the least of our worries with the play of Piller, Olsen, Schobel, Sirmon, Lamont, and maybe a few more. But coach makes it sound like most of these guys are safe :suspect:

Well are they really? Are we hearing the truth? Drama :whoop:

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

:brow:

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah right lol This signing means many things. They are not happy with Volek, and also Young. There is no point in signing Collins if he will not start, because right now he is the best Qb on the team.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Has nothing to do with Vince Young.

But I read an article that Young could start the Pre-season finale.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Looks like Rosenshark is too busy with his next money maker....

Attached Files:

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It is never a smart move with one preseason game left to play to get in the head of the guy that was the slotted started. Voleks confidence is shot and Collins is stepping in.

Save me Jebus!

[​IMG]

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think the timing of all this has to do with Underwood coming in.
    Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, but looks like Bud is fed up and is sending a new sheriff in town to clean it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar