Young to Remain Titans #2 QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

As far as Dinger wanting additional time with Young, I am very very cool with that. That's fine by me, but you have to recognize that Dinger is basically saying that Young is a project. If anyone can help him, Heimerdinger can. I believe that.

What Dinger doesn't handle, however, is contracts. It would be poor management to let Vince command so much of the monetary pie while contributing very little or none at all, in essence hindering the team's ability to sign quality players to help keep this team in contention. If Vince is going to be a long term project, he and the FO need to workout an extension, and Vince needs to be paid according to his role. Furthermore, if that is his role, we should also consider bringing in another QB, through draft or FA.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

While I don't disagree, I also think that when Dinger said that, he meant it as a formula that he has used on other QBs. So I think it's just as much his standard 'spool-up' course as it is implying that Vince is a project.

Oh it would definitely be poor management to let VY command so much of the monetary pie; one exception would be if Vince did turn it around and started rippin it up like he should be.
    But yeah, I see him either reworking his contract with the Titans or searching for another team after this season.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I know it wasn't directed at me, but how else should your comment be taken?

I do tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve, so to speak.

I've disagreed about A LOT with posters on this message board. But no other topic has had such responses. Like, "can't wait for vince to be off the team so all the vince fans can leave". Or "you have mental issues for liking VY". Or "maybe as a VY fan you'd enjoy the Texans board where you can look at shirtless pics of him".

If that's the standard of this message board, then maybe I don't belong anymore. It really seems to have gone downhill on this subject. Seems when I first joined there was a lot more respectful discussion, disagreement, arguing, smack, etc. Now it's much more trashy, imo.

I think if I were posting on opposing teams forums, I would expect it. But when I'm posting, with fellow fans, I expect a little more class. I guess I should lower my expectations.

LOL, my thin skin? Who had a problem getting a neg rep? Wasn't me.

All I did was ask for clarification. I was told by members that neg rep had a certain ruleset. Upon clarification, that was false.

There's a line between differences of opinion, and personal insults. I hope you can see the difference when reading the VY threads.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You fail at reading comprehension. What did I say exactly?

Seems like I agreed with you, yet you still want to argue.

As far as the fumble, I'll take your word for it. I only saw the play once.

As far as the term "hater" here is the urban dictionary definition:

"A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch. "

I'm a Bret Favre hater. I'm a Pacman hater.

I have a hard time understanding how people find this term offensive, but I've been told not to use it, so I'm going to try not to. But VY "dislikers" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:makefun::slap:

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Ill tell you wats horrible! Your fanhood! Your supposed to support every player on our team, but no your just :grrr::grrr::grrr: who knows nothing about that! Oh btw i forgot that no veteran qb has ever thrown a pick 6 or has fumbled the ball away!!!

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Everyone should know that blazzing arrow is thinking about selling his soul to the devil just to make sure vince fails at life!!!

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:, you don't even know what you're talking about. I've seen arrow defend Vince on numerous message boards. He just wouldn't wouldn't sell out to making excuses.

9. amy

amy Starter

Children, children!! Do you wish to be sent to time out without your dinner!? No more of this nonsense! Play nice!

thank you ;p}

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It's actually spelled "Blazing" ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar