Young to Work Hard and Remain Prepared

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I'd rather have a Quarterback, than an Athlete. But hey, that might just be me.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Exactly.

3. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

That's not all, remember the storm that was made when Vince said "strong black man". The people who wants to bash him will always fine something bad in anything he says.

4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Staffords 41 Mil guarantee sorta makes Vince's 27 Million look like a bargain.

Not that that makes me feel any better about the way things turned out!

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I take great exception to your continued insinuation that Vince is being unfairly evaluated based on hate. I assume you are subtly referencing the hate is due to bias and/or prejudice.

The thought that many fans are disappointed in Vince's performance on the field and his maturity issues are the reasons for the majority of negative perceptions fans have about Vince. I don't recall a post where you have responded directly to this issue despite having been challenged to do so.

Of course Vince gets some undue criticism. But the fact is that he lost his starting job and perceptions are high that he is mentally too soft to play the NFL game. Couple that with the markedly inflammatory idea that he refused to go back into the Jags game after being "booed" (and his apparent inability or choice not to effectively address these issues with the fans) and of course fans are going to be loudly disappoving.

Please respond to the following. The organization invested a #3 overall pick (and the associated money/cap space) in Vince. Do you honestly think that Fisher and Heimerdinger are not starting him for valid reasons?

Job performance is one issue. Fan perception is another. The onus to improve both is SQUARELY on Vince's shoulders. He has positioned himself in a way that he may never get another chance to prove himself on the field- but that was a result of his actions, not hate, bias or prejudice directed against him.

Believe me when I tell you this. If Vince gets another chance on the field and produces wins you will hear the same adulation he received during and after his rookie season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I refer you to the VY poll thread.

Clearly the majority of those you imply just hate on VY still haven't written him off.

The criticism is actually 'about nothing but his football game'.Where were you on this board in 06 when Vince won most members over? It didn't stop us from making fun of his social skills.Talking about yourself in the 3rd person, constantly referring to 'my god given talent' and saying 'ya know' every other word makes you a magnet for wisecracks.

Anyone in the media spotlight perceived the same way would get ridiculed.Look at George Bush.It has nothing to do with his color or the fact that he is in Tennessee.

Yes the media are against him but that is a situation that he brought about because of his inability to take any kind of criticism.He has been poorly advised in regards to PR and media handling from day one.

Any time a player refuses to talk to the media (as he did for all of last season after wk1) immediately becomes a media target.

Fisher and Heimerdinger however have zero interest in how articulate he is in front of a camera or a microphone.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this is so true! I was HUGE on the VY bandwagon. Now I am among his critics and have all but completely given up.

I'll be crazy happy if he ends up being the Titans starter and is pro bowl caliber but I certainly am not going to hold my breath. I remember though, three years ago when people wanted to talk about his speech and his Wonderlic score and then they would say he must be retarded. I'd say, "HEY! He may be a retard, but that's MY retard. We'll see how funny it is when he beats your ***!" And I'll admit, the team didn't do all that bad in that span of time.

Vince had some signature moments. I was impressed with his OROY and 5th alternate* selection to the pro bowl. Our defense kind of upstaged him. I think everyone knew that Vince was not dominating games. Mostly I remember a bunch of goofy off-target passes and an apparent reluctance to take a ten yard run. This training camp battle is going to be epic though.

*exaggeration

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

VY is a Quar-ter-back!

9. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Dude, I never said it wasn't his fault he lost his job and for that reason no one has challenged me on that. What I've said is that I believe he is capable of doing what Collins does and more. Some don't agree with that notion, oh well.

I said most of the negative stuff I read on this board has nothing to do with football. You can take exception or assume whatever you want but what I said is that there is little football talk in regards to Vince Young and that's true.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince lumbers around the pocket like he's wearing oven mitts and ankle weights.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar