Young's footwork

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

'Vince has been here more than people know, so we've worked together over the last month,'' Heimerdinger said. ''His footwork was very poor. I think that hurt his accuracy, so we started working on his feet, then the changes that I've made in the offense, but the number one thing I'm working on with him is his feet.''

''There's a lot of good things ahead'' Heimerdinger said. ''I'm really surprised of how fast he's learned. There's a lot of good things he's doing right now.''

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_view.cgi?blurb=news619340

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I'm so glad Dinger is back. This whole footwork stuff just shows how bad Chow really was. Looking forward to the season.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, he's used to just flinging the ball... you can get away with that in HS and maybe college but not the pros. If he can develop good habits with his feet, the ball should come out quicker and we'll see far fewer floaters. Dinger did great things with McNair, lets hope he can repeat.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Glad to hear some good things coming out there, I hope they get off to a good start together.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Wow. Finally some constructive (and instructive) criticism of Vince. Glad to hear from Dinger. Sounds like progress and good things happening.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Exactly... it's nice to hear Dinger flat out say the footwork was poor. We all knew it - a little honesty makes us feel like maybe they are getting it under control. I'm a big fan of VY, and honestly believe he will become a better passer than Mac ever was... but the only way he'll get there is with accurate criticism and good coaching.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I just find it interesting that in vy's first 2 years no one ever worked on his footwork.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Hopefully Vince has matured to the point where he's able to take Dinger's criticism without getting bent out of shape.

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Most of the coaches and players have praised vince's work ethic in his first two years. Do you have some stories talking about how he doesn't take criticism well?

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

"Nobody can't tell me nuthin'"

I may not have the quote exactly correct, but there are several instances of Vince sulking and whining. He may have a good work ethic, but working hard isn't the same thing as handling criticism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar