Young's footwork

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I wonder what percentage of qb's are calling their own plays. That's my preference, but it's probably a low percentage these days.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

No one here is saying the vince young was absolutely amazing last year and he needs no improvements. We're saying there are very few qbs who look great in their first 2 years. The #1 pick in the draft last year started one game. I would say vince had a significantly better first year than him. We've seen some positives from him but also seen a fair share of negatives. Almost every scout thought he was a 3 year project, hopefully it will only take 2 years and this year he'll be great but you can't bash the guy if he's on a pretty good path right now.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's fair. It wasn't him looking bad throwing that made me lose faith in him, it was him being bad at running also. If he can't run or chooses not to, he's practically useless. He might be a decent passer, but never if he doesnt run here and there.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

His rookie year we can agree he looked great at running. Last year I think his quad injury was the biggest factor in his inability to run. I'll agree that if he is still ineffective in the run game this year then their could be a problem. Obviously I don't believe he can be a great qb just standing back in the pocket and not running at all. The reason we drafted him was to be a playmaker with his legs and arm so he'll need to do that to be successful.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Agreed. He had that huge run against the Texans in his rookie year. We missed that kind of play last year.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Thank you, Torch, for putting an end to that ridiculous discussion.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

don't bother, it's been posted many times, but people still use it out of context.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Vince might have some problems to work on but he's been one of the most successful QB's since being drafted, well by winning he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar