Young's throwing motion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by #1TitansFan, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hmmm......... it's valid you know

i guss t'd be like asking a batter to switch hitting boxes

the problem though is that he throws TOO low

regardless of who else in the history of the league have thrown with a similar side arm motion, I don't think anyone threw as low as he does

NFL defenses will purposely exploit that 'weakness'

2. Well, it's not like any QB we draft would start in 2006. We will have time to teach him if we draft Young. Re-learning to take a direct snap would be part of that.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the guys is 6'5", his release point is probably at the same level of mike vick's.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

unless they didn't have a choice

what if ? we were able to trade Volek ?
    and Steve were to fall to injury (probability 80%)

who then would you rather start ?
    Vince Young / Matt Leinart
    or Matt Mauck

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

perhaps
    how many of Vick's passes are batted down?

6. Ragevsuall

Ragevsuall Guest

You make a great point Puck. Seriously. He obviously can't continue to throw like that in the pros, or his balls are going to be batted around with a higher frequency than normal. What really concerns me is McNair has taken him under his wing since HS. You have to bet McNair has been at least conscious of it to try and help him... and 4 years later, he's still throwing sidearmed.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it's not like mcnair has been coaching the kid, he's been a father figure to him. he's been guiding him, not coaching him.

8. Well of course, then they may not have a choice. But no rookie would be expected to start in any other situation.

9. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

How about Jay Cutler?

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Thanks

:)

I agree - but I'm not gonna say obviously. the argument that his height decreases the release minimum does have some credit. As long as deflected passes don't become an issue it might just be a moot point

:ha: :winker: that's gotta hurt :grrr:

Either A) Steve doesn't think it's gonna effect him in the NFL
    or B) Steve, like Norm, think it unwise to alter his motion
    or C) Vince either can't do it or chooses not to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar