Youngs wonderlic mishap helped us learn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think most scouts and coaches understand that at this point 1) the test is very difficult to interpret and 2) because of point 1, Wonderlics are taken with a grain of salt. Game intelligence can't be measured by asking such abstract questions (the questions can be extremely random and abstract).

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd love to take a wonderlic. See how difficult it really is/isn't.

But these days you gotta think that more are beginning to realise wonderlic scores and how fast you can run a 40 are really not a good indication of how good a player is, more 'game smarts'

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I took a sample one with my one of my coaches last summer. I scored an equivalent of like, a 28 or something. It was different conditions than what they have to (I think the question pool was smaller). But believe me, the questions were weird as hell.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The sample they give at the bottom of the article is easy.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

There are those logic questions, then there are questions that ask you about yourself, like what type of of object most closely represents you, interpreting/comparing shapes that are extremely similar, etc. It was quite odd, and really had nothing to do with football.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how the heck do you grade someone on questions that have no 'real' answer.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think you should get different points for putting your name on the paper. If you have a cool name, you are going to be a winner. If you have a crappy name, you ain't gonna be crap. End of scouting.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

So that's how Tom Brady fell to the sixth round :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar