Your 2013 Tennessee Titans Roster after picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

All good.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I guess I worded the title wrong. I hadn't done any any form of cuts. I just meant more of a post draft squad going into camp roster.

Here's the thing with the DT's. None of them are even close to as good as Star, He's a machine.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

How bout my 53 man roster instead:

QB: Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rusty Smith
    RB: Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Darius Reynaud
    FB: Quinn Johnson
    WR1: Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Damien Williams
    WR2: Kendall Wright, Kevin Walter, Roberto Wallace
    TE: Delanie Walker, Craig Stevens, Taylor Thompson
    LT: Michael Roos, Byron Stingily
    LG: Andy Levitre, Rob Turner
    C: Fernando Velasco, Chris Spencer
    RG: Barrett Jones(3rd C)
    RT: David Stewart, Mike Otto

LE: Derrick Morgan, Corey Lemonier (3rd)
    DT1: Jurrell Casey, Mike Martin, Karl Klug
    DT2: Sammie Hill, Ropati Pitoitua
    RE: Kamerion Wimbley, Margus Hunt (2nd)
    LOLB: Akeem Ayers, Patrick Bailey
    MLB: Colin McCarthy, Moise Fokou, Kevin Reddick (5th)
    ROLB: Zach Brown, Tim Shaw
    CB1: X Rhodes(1st), Alterraun Verner, Tommie Campbell
    CB2: Jason McCourty, Coty Sensaubaugh
    FS: Michael Griffin,Markelle Martin
    SS: Bernard Pollard, George Wilson, DJ Swearinger(4th)

K: Rob Bironas
    P: Brett Kern

:bump:

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You forgot somebody.

Where's Eugene Amano?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Lol ... In my world he was cut a long time ago

Probably around the time I started the "Eugene Amano is the most interesting man in the world " thread

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree that Star would greatly improve our interior DL and I will have no problem if we draft him.

I appreciate the effort it takes to put the roster together the way that you did.

It sure seems like BPA and position of greatest need could come together in Warmack/Cooper with the #10 pick. Although the veteran deepth that we have added in FA gives us the flexibility to wait on the OG spot. I would have no problem with a mid-round rookie, Turner and Spencer fighting it out for the starting OG spot.

The other glaring area of need is back up DE. Pitoitua is not an every down DE in the 4-3 scheme. He is a big tall guy who can set the edge and swat down quick slants. We need another speed rusher. Ayers can fill the role some, but we need another.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like it, but we need some more LB help. One more OLB would do the trick, Will Witherspoon on a vet min deal? Would rather use a 3rd on a WR and not Corey Lemoiner, then cut Roberto. Ropati Pitoitua is suppose to play DE, and we have Solomon/Dawson for deep depth.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I'm still taking Lemonier or maybe even reach on B Jones or a safety at 3rd...I'm not a proponent of taking a WR... especially in this weak crop. Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to going linebacker or even RB(leveon bell) here either...just please not WR...lol

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Weak crop? This WR class is actually very good... just no "elite" Top-10 guys. As far as Late 1st - 3rd round talent it's crazy deep.

I just don't see why we'd need Hunt & Lemoiner. At DE we'd have: Wimbley, Morgan, Ayers, Hunt, Pitoitua, Solomon, and Dawson all on our roster for training camp.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

First of all, Soloman and Dawson suck. Second, pitotua is not a 43 DE...he's just not...I don't care what people might think or what they've heard.

Lemonier and hunt would not only give us 2 GREAT rotational DE's, but they could easily end up being better than the mediocrity of Morgan and Wimbley.

If not lemonier, I want Brandon Jenkins in the 4th or 5th...also wouldn't mind Michael Buchanan in the 5th or 6th...

But yeah, you might be right about the wrs, I just don't see it as a need(especially while nate is still on the roster), so obviously I haven't done research on the depth of that position this year...I just know taking one in the top 4 rounds just dOesn't make sense to me when we can address real needs with real good players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar