Your 2013 Tennessee Titans Roster after picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

#1 - Solomon was a 6th round pick (maybe sooner, going off memory). It will take him time to develop, if he ever develops.

#2 - Dawson looked decent in the 3 games he played in (before he got hurt)

#3 - I'm not saying these guys will be studs, but they'd be decent enough for the 5th rotational DE.

#4 - We didn't say it, Webster (& maybe Gray) said Pitoitua is playing DE. I think maybe they were referring to our 3-4 packages however. Regardless, he could backup Morgan... even though he's 315, he carries his weight well. He could be theguy in running situations.

[​IMG]

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Seems like the least position of worry as far as numbers and depth is DT. Not that a guy like Star wouldn't be a good player but on the flip side we are puny at DE both with the starters and depth.

I say unless we do draft an OG in the 1st we should go with a guy like Werner. Instant starter and moves Wimbley to a rotational guy.
    Take a WR in the 2nd. A number of good options there.
    Then take BPA at CB-S-OL in the 3rd and whoever is missing after the 3rd comp look for in the 4th. Would even consider using our 5th and 4th round picks to move back into the late 3rd.

Even better, is trade with Miami to gain their 4th (maybe their 3rd) if Johnson is available and then we still get Werner with our pick at #12 (SD won't take him since they are a 3-4). I'd then consider using some picks to move back into the 3rd round. IMO the best case scenario is to get starters at 3 or 4 positions looking for quality or quantity.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

He was a 7th round pick, but that really doesn't matter. We need to upgrade that position with atleast one early pick, and I, obviously, wouldn't mind taking another one later because I just don't have faith in dawson or soloman...I think we can get a far superior player than them two in the 4th or 5th round this year.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

QB - Locker, Fitzpatrick, Jordan Rodgers (7th)
    RB - CJ, Greene, UDFA, Reynaud (KR/PR)
    FB - Quinn Johnson
    TE - Walker, Thompson, Stevens
    WR 1 - Britt, Quinton Patton (2nd), Preston
    WR 2 - Wright, Damian Williams
    Slot - Washington, Walter
    LT - Roos, Stingily
    LG - Levitre, Spencer
    C - Velasco, Brian Schwenke (3rd)
    RG - Brian Winters (4th), Turner
    RT - Stewart, Otto, LaAdrian Waddle (7th)

DE - Morgan, Pitoitua, Solomon
    DT - Casey, Lee Hill
    DT - Martin, Klug, DaJohn Harris
    DE - Wimbley, Quanterrus Smith (5th)
    OLB - Ayers, Fokou, Shaw
    MLB - McCarthy, Kiko Alonso (3rd)
    OLB - Brown, Fokou, Bailey
    CB - McCourty, Sensabaugh
    CB - Xavier Rhodes (1st), Campbell
    NB - Verner
    FS - Griffin, Zeke Motta (6th), Martin
    SS - Pollard, Wilson

K - Bironas
    P - UDFA
    LS - Brinkley

I might be over idk

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No Kern???

He was our MVP!!!

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah! You're taking an UDFA over Kern? I'm about to pigeon the shiz outta you.

7th best punting average
    7th in punts inside 20

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Didn't zeke motta run like a 4.9? Why not get one of the many good safeties that ran 4.5's instead?

Atleast you got us taking rhodes in the first . Apart from that I can't say I am too fond of your projected draft class

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My feeling is that if we go WR early then washington will get traded or cut. I would have no problem with taking a WR in te 2nd or 3rd rnd. He would be a guy that might be able to step into a starting role next year depending on what happens with Britt. Also would send Britt another signal that he better get his act together.

I just don't see a WR I would take at #10. Woods, Williams, Patton and Hopkins are 2nd rnd type guys.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Zeke Motta ran a 4.71. He was also the only consistent defender that ND had last year. Against Bama I thought he was the only guy who emerged with any credit at all. You can't bash taking him at the end of the 6th round, he's a very good football player, and is a supreme tackler.

I dont care for the draft, with LB in the 3rd and 3 OL drafted to go along with our 3 in FA. Don't see it happening. I also only see two starters. I would like to get 3-4.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I like Motta and 3 starters since Patton will get plenty of reps. You don't think LB warrants a 3rd? 3 OL picks yes but they are mid round picks and the guys we signed are not top of the line starters they are serviceable. We have shown a lot of interest in Winters and maybe we don't go C since Turner can play there in a pinch but I'd rather have too much depth than too little after last seasons disaster. We need a new swing tackle and Waddle is an upside pick who could be coached up into a starter, Otto needs replaced especially with the salary he is due. We need to protect our investment aka Locker.

I've seen high 4.6 low 4.7 range. He's instinctive though which makes up for his lack of elite speed. Vaccarro is still considered a 1st round guy with 4.6 speed and Swearinger my favorite S behind Elam ran 4.6 but plays faster.

If I made a dream draft it would look much different. I'm mocking who I think we take not necessarily who I want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar