Your 7 Round Mock for the Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Digging that Draft alot.

If Brockers is there, I think we take him. Brewster, Fletcher and Hilton are all good picks. Crick doesn't seem like a good fit for us, would prefer another all out pass rusher in the third or maybe a WLB.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Crick makes sense to me because he is the same type of DE/DT cats we have been picking up. He can play DT, or move to DE on 34 looks(run downs) like douzable will or jones did. They seems to like these multiple position players. He fits that mold, so I mocked him in lol. Sue me.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

1. Dont'a Hightower LB

2. Trumaine Johnson CB... drafted to play Safety.

3. Mike Martin DT

4. David Molk C

5. Tim Fugger DE/OLB

6. Dale Moss WR

7. Ernest Owusu DE

4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

You'll be hearing from my lawyers shortly....

Surely a 3-4 look would be

Brockers-Casey-Klug
    Ayers-McCarthy-Witherspoon-Wimbley

With Smith, Marks, Douzable,Sheppard and Morgan all looking for time in their on the d-line. A quick LB instead of another hybrid DE/DT would be a better pick in the third IMO. Ayers might see some time at DE so we will need another LB at least.

I really like the mock,just dont get the Crick pick at all.

5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Me too. I dont feel so strong about Fletcher Cox(had to add Fletcher to avoid the jokes). What was his production over his college career? Was he injured much?

6. gran54

gran54 Starter

He has basically played in almost every game since he was a Freshman at Mississippi State. Started all, but 1 game over the past 2 seasons and played in 11 games his freshman year. Was a 1st Team All SEC pick this past year. Has all the production you look for.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Like the draft a lot if we had a 3-4 team, is that your intention?

Switch Hightower for Luke Kuechly and I'll be on board

8. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

Yea I don't get how Hightower fits or is a need for us. Even if we run hybrid defenses, we are still not solely a 3-4 team. Hightower reminds me of Ayers, in a 4-3 he is definitely a SLB

9. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I want somebody from Bama, Chandler Jones, or Devon Still round 1 and I'll be happy

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The idea would be for him to start inside and we'd be able to kick McCarthy outside. Ayers and Witherspoon would sub in and out depending on package. This is nice because our LB's would really be scheme diverse, if we need Hightower to rush the passer or play LB he'd rock either way.

If this team wants to stop the run so badly then Hightower would start inside for sure. I'm not totally sure he'd be amazing in coverage but he has the instincts and speed to do so, but he'd be a work in progress in that regard.

I'm not saying we are switching to a 3-4 but it's clear that Gray likes to mix things up to confuse the opposing offense. I dunno, at 20 we're not getting a "blue chip" player anyway so I don't see Hightower as risky in the least bit. He has had amazing College production and he's just a damn good football player. At 20, I don't see how we could go wrong with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar