Your Childhood Favorite Player (non-Oilers\Titans)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Razorbacks, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I'm not as old as most of the people here, so Neon Deion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Earl Campell was the LeBron of his time, a non-human specimen that took a big sh*t on human anatomy.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dick Butkus was probably my favorite player when i was very young and then it became Walter Payton. But i was a bear fan as a kid.

My favorite player who was not on the bears was Willie Lanier the hall of fame MLB for the Chiefs. That 1969 Chiefs team was sick and they had 2 of the best linebackers who ever played in Lanier and Bobby Bell. They also had 2 hof DTs in Buck Buchanon and Curley Culp and a hof CB in Emmitt Thomas. 5 hall of famers on that defense!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh...

He and Deion were probably my favorite overall.

Once playing, I played CB and WR probably because of those 2.

Desmond was my idol. Being one of the smallest on the field. Ended up being same height as Des. Breaking ankles nonstop though on kick returns.

Deion I was more like personality-wise in sports. Interception? Hold the ball up. Get screamed at by coach. Repeat.

Makes me envious of kids that have such easy access to video now. One return, I cut about 100 times, had the coverage team falling, hitting each other, etc... ran about 80 yards for a 30 yard return, but my God did it feel good. I just want to see what it looked like from outside.

Now, every kid's plays are on a phone somewhere. Lucky bastards. I have to Al Bundy it.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

My first time seeing him was the episode of What's Happening

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That was one of my favorite games off all time..

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

My favorite non Oilers player growing up was Joey Galloway for the Seahawks and Frank Sanders for the Cardinals.. Remember in middle school trying to play like Frank Sanders lol. I played WR and went to Bert Rumble Middle School which had the same colors as the Arizona Cardinals :)

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Mike singletary

9. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Yup! Trying to take down Barry was like trying to tackle one of those inflatable exercise balls. There is a real good documentary out there on YouTube about the life and times of Barry. His dad is a tough customer.. he never praised Barry too much and always left him with plenty of room for improvement. I guess that was his way of keeping Barry motivated. To this day, Barry's dad keeps Barry's Heisman's and stuff on the shelf behind his souvenir OU helmet.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ah, knew I'd forget some guys...

Derrick Brooks, Derrick Thomas, Earl Campbell, and Mark Bavarro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar