Your Childhood Favorite Player (non-Oilers\Titans)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Razorbacks, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Oh man! My bad man, haha sorry

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Hahaha bt I totally had your same response when I didn't see him listed upto that point either

3. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

Bart Starr , ray nitchske guess you can tell i grew up in the early 60s is when i started the football thing i did like dandy don and leroy jordan also there was lots of great middle linebackers in that era

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

At different times...Staubach, Drew Pearson, Randy White, Butkus, John Hannah, Fouts, Winslow, LT (LB), Phil Simms, Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes, Marcus Allen, Ted Hendricks, Anthony Munoz, Ronnie Lott, Singletary, Warren Moon, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Walter Peyton, and Barry Sanders.

I'm probably leaving people out and not so much a kid in the 80's, but you get the idea. There were plenty of other great players but they usually were playing for the 'enemy!'

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Also loved this guy:

[​IMG]

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

haha.. its been a long time for sure. Actually I think the first time I saw Shabba Doo he was on that old Super Mario Bros Super Show. He was trying to teach those dudes that played Mario and Luigi how to break dance.
    [​IMG]

7. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I miss that particular Oilers uniform.

8. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Yup! Even if you wernt particularly a huge football fan it was hard not to be entertained when those dudes got the football

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's a shame I missed out on Barry and Deion.

Barry retired when I was 8. Deion retired when I was 10... Not exactly gonna remover those guys.

He returned when I was 14 - when I was paying way more attention to football than before.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Almost forgot....
    Derrick Thomas R.I.P.
    [​IMG]

Just a few stats...126.5 sacks, 7 sacks in one game, 6 sacks in another game and more...
    • 41 career forced fumbles
    • 8 forced fumbles in one season
    • 19 recovered fumbles
    • 126.5 career sacks
    • 20 sacks in one season
    • 3 career safeties
    A true beast.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar