Your early 53-man roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nickey needs to be let go.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Keep in mind, we get a roster exemption for McGrath for four weeks, so we can count 54, just knowing that one of them will be gone eventually.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

You think Matthews is gonna stick? Rolle as a CB? hmmmmm

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

My bad stuck Rolle in wrong spot.

Matthews is the only one i wouldn't want to be stolen from the practice squad IMO.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I agree Matthews is pretty good.

I think Rolle.Mariani,Matthews,Ball and one of our other Rbs are gonna fight for that final spot and since Matthews and ball are DL and OL is gonna be hard for them to help in the special teams.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

QB: Young, Collins, Smith
    RB: C. Johnson, Ringer, Blount
    FB: Hall
    TE: Scaife, Cook, Stevens, Ryan
    WR: Britt, Gage, Washington, Hawkins, D.Williams, Mariani, Edison
    OL: Roos, Harris, Amano, Scott, Stewart, Otto, Kropog

DL: Brown, Jones, Haye, Marks, Hayes, Morgan, Ford, Babin, Ball
    LB: Tulloch, Witherspoon, McRath, Curran, Allred, Keglar
    CB: Finnegan, McCourty, Mouton, Verner, Hill
    S: Griffin, Hope, Fuller, Nickey, Johnson

K: Bironas
    P: Kern
    LS: Amato

I was going to drop either Ball or Babin but considering Morgan's slow start I decided to keep them. I also didn't think I would keep both Mariani and Edison but once I got to looking at everything I could definitely see the Titans keeping 7. Biggest name cut I made was Thornton. I just have a feeling they're done with him and are going to move on.

And I agree with TJ about Reinfeldt looking to upgrade CB depth at some point.

7. pettso

pettso Starter

I don't see them leaving Rusty Smith off the 53. Collins is gone after this year and VY is still fairly unproven. Using a 4th pick on a prospect QB and leaving yourself without a backup the next year seems pretty pointless, especially since I've heard mostly good things about from OTAs and the first week of TC.

RBs for now are definitely CJ, Ringer, Blount. Stafon is gonna need to show up in the preseason if he wants to

The biggest competition is gonna be at the WR spot if you ask me. Gage, Washington, Britt and D. Williams are locks. I personally think Hawk is a lock too so that's 5. I doubt the Titans keep 7, so we're looking at a battle between Edison and Mariani for the last spot. I would love to see Edison improve and show some consistency cause like someone said in another thread, you can't coach 6'7. So at this point I have Mariani as the odd man out, unless they keep 7.

I'd personally rather keep an extra safety over a 7th receiver and I'm rooting for Myron Rolle at this point too although I think it's still too early to make a decision between him and Johnson.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Interesting to see that so many of us (me included) have Blount as a virtual lock right now. Things could change pretty quickly after a pre-season game or two.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Edison is not 6' 7''

19 Edison, Dominique WR 6-2 201 24 2 Stephen F. Austin

Roos and Stewart are both 6' 7'' but something tells me that they won't be catching any passes this season.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I love Fuller. I think we all do. But, why are some of you putting him ahead of not only Griffin, but Hope too? I don't think that's going to happen.

I think TJ's looks solid with the exception of the safety position.

And at DL, I just don't see how Haye will start over Jones. I guess injuries are the biggest issue there though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar