Your Favorite '12 DE Prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 28, 2012.

?
  1. Quinton Coples

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Melvin Ingram

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Nick Perry

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Whitney Mercilus

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  5. Vinny Curry

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. Andre Branch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

LOL i've flipped flopped so many times. I'm back to thinking we take a DE in the first round because of the depth at DL and C.

1st De
    2nd DL
    3rd C
    4th Wr
    5th CB
    6th OLB
    7th DL

2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I keep switching also between DE and DT. I'm back on DT. We have to have a physical presence, force of you will, in the middle. We have not had that since someone went to Washington and tanked their career.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Id be happy with get Perry or Mercilus 1st and Bequette in the 4th. Then DT 2nd and C 3rd. Hopefully those 3 young guys paired with Klug, Morgan, Wimbley, and Casey would turn into a great DL.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's not even funny how many times I've flipped. It's an easy break down though.

The DL has some really nice depth while Safety depth is scary bad. If we were serious about upgrading Safety it would have to be Barron, I can't really see anyone else making an impact at that position unless we wait till next year. Only position other than DL or a DB I would take would be OG/C with DeCastro or if Kuechly fell to us, can't pass on him.

5. No one seems to be talking about Jared Crick. He might be a reach in the 2nd round but I'd be happy with Vinny Curry 1st round (assuming melvin ingram and quinton couples have already been drafted) and Jared Crick 2nd round. Both hard working football players and know how to play. People get too into 40 times arm length and all that. They both may be a reach in the 1st and 2nd but they'd both be gone by the time we pick our next round....

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I'm not high on curry at all. Perry/Mercilus are better imo

7. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Curry is a 2nd rounder. Mercilus has 2 moves that he is good at and gets thrown around in the run game. Perry, inconsistent but has all the tools. I am beginning to think that the DE class is too risky in the first round, we already have 2 first rounders on the DL (though only one of our own) and there is serviceable depth later that is less risky.

8. Fletcher Cox would be nice.... but i doubt he drops

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Why take a guy in the first..whose a projected 2nd rounder on most boards?

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

apparently he doesnt check that out, heck he spelled coples couples lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar