Your Favorite '12 DE Prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 28, 2012.

?
  1. Quinton Coples

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Melvin Ingram

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Nick Perry

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Whitney Mercilus

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  5. Vinny Curry

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. Andre Branch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The thing that made Perry stand out to me when I watched USC is that he would blow up bubble screens, chase down guys across the field, etc. In other words, speed.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I still like Vinny Curry. lol

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He definitely has speed and comes off the line well. You just have to wonder if he can use that and learn actual pass rushing moves in the NFL. If he can, he'd be great.

I like Curry also, just not in the top 3 of DEs.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Mercilus scares me. Coples has mucho bust potential as well as physically gifted talent. Branch looked good at the combine, But is a Clemson kid and both NC and Clemson have a running series of players that don't succeed in the NFL.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Out of all the guys in this draft class Mercilus reminds me the most of Kearse. Slightly slender build, decent height, and long arms.

He is a classic one year wonder which will scare everyone. He could be a total bust or a rock star.

He is one of the few pure 4-3 DEs.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mercilus has great hands. Which is something almost none of the other guys at DE in this class have. He blows guys up straight, goes around them, etc.

Branch is a product of playing beside Brandon Thompson- just like Bowers was last year.

The funny thing is- Thompson is projected as a 2nd rd DT while Branch is a 1st/early 2nd.

Thompson is the real deal. Constantly takes on double-teams while guys like Bowers and Branch end up going against TEs and RBs to butter their stats.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

I just came to the conclusion that I have no clue which DE we should take. After watching film on all of these guys, I've realized that unless I've sat down and talked with them and their coaches there is no way to tell who has that "IT" factor. College football programs can really hold someone back or hide their potential. We need to hit on this 1st round pick this year if we are going to take any steps forward on defense. Who knows if a stud is even out there for the taking? Lets hope there is!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

For what it's worth, neither McShay or Kiper have Perry in the top 25. McShay doesn't have him in the top 32.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I can't stand McShay or Kiper. These guys just love to hear themselves talk. Not saying they don't get some of them right but for the most part they overvalue their own opinions. They do get paid for sharing those opinions which I can't hate on em for that but they both seem like @$$ho13$ to me.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think they get a lot of flack for being wrong when most people are wrong about the draft. Not their fault ESPN pays them to be experts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar