Your First Look Of The New Spider-Man Of 2012

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Shanvhere, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I completely agree. You said the film was bi-polar in mood and direction and that's spot on. Raimi did it intentionally in the Evil Dead series but when you're toying with a major comic book character, leave the hardcore camp out. Especially when you're trying to set this dark and ominous tone throughout with the transformation of Spider-man.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The closest thing I can compare SM3 to is putting pizza, ice cream, and french fries in a blender and trying to drink it.

Separately, all good ideas, but mixed together in such a crappy hodgepodged way, it becomes awful.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I never fully bought Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. nickmsmith

I'd definitely rather watch the 90's cartoon on the big screen than ever sit through Spider Man 3 again, that's for sure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dark Knight takes its story from many of the comics/graphic novels.

6. nickmsmith

Yeah, and to Geronimo, Spiderman didn't take some liberties??? The movies were a far cry from the comics.

The Sandman didn't kill uncle Ben. Man, just thinking about that movie puts me in a dreary mindset.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Raimi is REALLY good at balancing humor and horror/seriousness. As he did in Evil Dead series, sometimes it was hilarious and horrifying at the same time!

The problem with doing this with Spiderman was that in the previous 2 films, it had been pretty serious. It wasn't camp in ANY regard. Then Spiderman 3 came out and it was being silly and wonky out the wazoo!

You can't do that with a series and then suddenly decide to do both. It won't work. It'll come off just as dumb for the sake of it, not for the fun of it.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

That's a perfect analogy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

Evil Dead I was serious, then he did the comedy thing for 2 and AOD, it worked then. But the first time, he had Bruce Campbell to make it work.

He clearly lost his touch with Spider-Man. Evil Dead was his baby, Spider Man was a well developed franchise, and he took some liberties he should not have.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why the hate for Spiderman 3? As if it sucked any more than the other 2 turds...

I knew they'd screw Venom up. Should have just left it alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar