Your First Look Of The New Spider-Man Of 2012

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Shanvhere, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

That's exactly the point I made. It had too much crap going on and Sandman was the main problem, Venom's failure was because of Sandman. Like I said, Venom was only thrown in there at the last second so fans would shut up and when it got leaked, no one cared about Sandman or his sick daughter (calm down, it's just a movie), everyone was just waiting for Venom to appear. 3 had by far the best special effects and fight scenes, it really did have potential to be good. *Sigh* right? Venom didn't work because they didn't even have a plan for him, he should have replaced Sandman. And like everyone, I wasn't happy about Topher Grace playing Venom either but I see what Raimi was trying to do, instead of making Eddie a creatine taking jock, he wanted Eddie to be what Parker was, an everyday dorky average kid, and captivate the audience with his transformation...but obviously, it didn't work out that way.

That's not what I'm talking about, just about every movie will change things if not all movies. What I meant was, Nolan took away the comic book feel (I'm not complaining, I loved what he did with The Dark Knight) and did his own thing with it and like I said, turned it into a crime thriller. It has the same feel to watching something like...The Departed or L.A. Confidential (just throwing some names out there), but throw in a guy in a bat costume, I didn't feel like I was watching a movie based on a comic book. Watch the old Tim Burton (another "dark" director) Batman movies again and you'll see what I'm talking about. Again, it's far from a bad thing, Nolan made Batman appealing for all audiences, not just kids.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm not going to get into "who was a better villain", because while Venom was f'ing horrible, it was worse because it took valuable time away from what could have been spent on Sandman. I didn't think Sandman's plight was inherently uninteresting, but I can say that I cared less about his character than I did about Osbourne in 1 and Octavius in 2. And it's precisely because Raimi and his production team decided to go ape-s*** with the plot-lines and make the film feel directionless and punch-less because of it.

I will say that Grace was a wrong choice because while I think the guy can be a serviceable actor (namely, smart-assy wimps), he shouldn't be doing roles like this. But then again, you're right, making Brock's character into a nerd/goof like Parker was pretty bizarre anyway.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why do you hate everything?

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think Maguire was a terrible choice to play Spiderman.

Without Raimi's name attached to the the first film it would have bombed and we wouldn't have seen the 2 sequels.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like your sig.

:)

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So.... where does a 17-yo kid get the kind of sewing skills needed to make a costume like that?

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Please tell me this is not that dude from The Social Network playing Spiderman.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is.

9. GeronimoJackson

A better villain equals better movie, and Venom would have been the better main villain, if they spent the time and resources on him instead of Sandman. If Raimi wanted 3 villains that bad, Sandman should have been the one with the 10 minute role A good chunk of the crappy plot-lines and directionless was because of Sandman and his lazy (being Uncle Ben's real killer) and dull subplot. His sick daughter didn't move me and I felt no sympathy towards him. His dry script and monotone delivery did not convince me he was doing all this bad stuff for his little girl, and I honestly just rolled my eyes at the end when Parker said, "I forgive you." I had no problem with Raimi wanting Eddie Brock to be a nerd because it was all about the transformation with him, but giving Grace the part was just too far, I'll agree with you on that. A nerd? Fine. But making Eddie wimpy? Raimi must have been high that day...or Grace was the only one that showed up for auditions...probably both.

10. GeronimoJackson

And speaking of The Social Network, that was one of the best movies of 2010. In a movie era dominated by special effects, The Social Network showed superior dialogue can still triumph.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar