Your kids NFL team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Grew up a Cowboys fan because that was who was on tv every Sunday here in midTennessee. Been a Oiler/Titan ever since the move. Wife and kids have become Titan fans all on their own, but thats all the get to watch and hear in my house.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

speaking of kids being fans... hasselbeck's son was a bengals fan..... hmmm.. any extra motivation for the game?

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

My parents still think football is futbol and they scream GOALLLL everytime theres a TD.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Just hope and pray that your kids are healthy and successful. It's all entertainment. You might as well be saying you hope your kid likes Star Wars because you did or I hope my child shops at Target and not Walmart. NFL, Media or stores..... They all just want your money.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

dbc, there is a difference between sports and a tv show or movie.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

My family is probably one of the most messed up football fan families you'll ever know.

Let me try to break this down.

Dad - Bucs
    Mom - Dolphins
    Me - Titans
    Sister 1 - Raiders
    Sister 2 - Broncos
    Sister 3 - Bills
    Uncle 1 - Steelers
    Uncle 2 - Dolphins
    Uncle 3 - Bengals
    Uncle 4 - Broncos
    Uncle 5 - Raiders
    Aunt 1 - Cowboys
    Aunt 2 - Cowboys
    Aunt 3 - Raiders

My grandparents on my dad's side were Steelers fans.
    My grandparents on my mom's side were Cowboys fans.

Moms side of the family is from Texas and my dads side is from Pennsylvania where I live now. So I have NO IDEA how everyone has such mixed teams.

Explaining myself though and going on topic since I am my dads son and I guess it applies... I was really young and a big Ohio State fan. My first football game I ever went to was Michigan @ Ohio State and I was completely captivated by the sounds, stadium, the excitement, and most of all the players on the field. Especially number 27 who you guys all know. E.G was right away my favorite player and I was just getting into football at the time so I didn't have an NFL team. Everyone wanted me to be a Steelers fan. They even went out of their way to buy me a Kordell Stewart jersey and forced me to wear it but I knew wherever Eddie ended up getting drafted was where I'd put all my loyalty into and follow them for the rest of my life and that team was the Oilers.

As for my kids, if I ever have any, I won't pressure them into anything. They can make a decision just like me. I for one think it's wrong to force a team upon a child. Just like forcing a religion on them. They should grow up to make their own decisions. I was NOT going to allow my family to force me to like the Steelers and I am sooooo glad I didn't fall into it. Even with all of the Superbowl's they have won since that day I wouldn't change being a Titans fan for the world. Even though it's one of the most heart breaking things at times.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

My kid says football is dumb...she likes socker

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

My parents never really cared about football while I was growing up, but my mom became a Titans fan around '06 or so. It is great to watch games and talk football with her.

If I ever have kids, I think it would be awesome to have an extra bond with your kids.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't have kids, but if I did they would be Titans fans. The only way they wouldn't be is if they just didn't like sports. If they liked sports and football but weren't a Titans fan I'm pretty sure I'd divorce them. I doubt any judge in Middle Tennessee would rule against me. It would be less embarassing for me for them to turn out gay than not be a Titans fan (not that there's anything wrong with that).

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I've made mine Titans fans as you can see in my avatar.Their mother tried to make 'em Steelers fans but i fought tooth and nail over that until she realized i wouldn't let it happen.Told her in this house we don't bring no other team except this one.She was a Steelers and Titans fan.Growing up we tried to get NFL here in Memphis but got a USFL team in the mid 80's with Reggie White on defense and my dad took me to every game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar