Your offseason plan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Textitan, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Textitan

Textitan Camp Fodder

It is early for a warning, but here it goes...

I currently live in Houston, and I am a little scared about next season already. Do not get me wrong, I am overly excited with the "over-achieving" Fisher got the boys to do this year. But that is precisely my worry. You see, it kind of reminds me of the Texans 2 years ago. They finished 7-9 and would have been 8-8 if not for a collapse against the Browns in the last game of the season. But all you heard about was how the Texans were ready to take the next step and compete for the playoffs the following year. We all know what happened, does Mario Williams ring a bell? Well when you look at it, the Titans season this year is a lot like the Texans of 2 years ago. They both won games close that they should have lost. I think because of the record, people had false expectations of the actual team the Texans have. With that being said, I have a heck of a lot more respect for Fisher/Reese than I would ever have for Capers/Casserly. But I just wanted to throw that out there. There is a good chance, that the Titans could fall back to earth next year. But oh how I hope they don't!

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Good thing Fisher is a better coach than Capers.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Miami is another example.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

miami beat up on losing teams. we had the hardest schedule in the league.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Your not alone in that worry my friend. We can only hope that the players work hard as heck to improve in the offseason.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yes, they shouldn't let this game get them down. They had their opportunities. Some of our inexperience was exposed this game. Two weeks in a row, penalties held us back. That is a valuable lesson to learn. I was hoping they would have eliminated those mistakes due to the last game. But they have a lot to be proud of, and should look to build on that in the offseason. One cricism I'll throw out from today is I was not impressed with us as a team today. By that I mean players seemed to be waiting on plays to be made -- game-changing plays. We could have played more solid. I think we became too predictable on offense and failed to keep them off-balance, and we looked flat on defense, and not prepared to stop the run. More consistency and less reliance is what this team must try to establish next year.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

IMO we won't be a SB contender until 08'.

It's good to be realistic without being a pessimist & I'm sure most of the people here feel the same way.

We've over achieved & the Pats game wasnt the end of the world. They're a very good team defensively VY & Chow will learn from the experience.

No way we're going back to a 4-12 season

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

-Statistical Jim needs to be booted outta town.
    -Bring Asante Samuel to town.
    -Thompson is beyond atrocious. Let Fuller/Lowery battle out for FS.
    -Tulloch will replace Sirmon.
    -Severe help is needed on the defensive line also.
    -As much as i want LW to be the starter @ RB, the FO will probably keep Henry.
    -Trade for Jerry Porter or Sign Gonzo as its obvious the team needs a playmaker for VY on offense.
    -BPA in round 1 of the draft.

Discuss amongest yourselves on your own plans & ideas for this team

9. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

The more I think about it, the more I think we need an intimidator at LB. I love the guy from Ole Miss - maybe he'll be available.

At any rate, the DL needs ton of FA help. KVB is the only guy whose job is at all safe. A top CB would be great, but the DL must come first if there is a choice. Finnegan could be adequate, or a pickup late in camp if he doesnt step up. A semi-decent 2nd CB can usually be had then.

Replacing LT is priority #1, but fortunately guys who are better than him really do grow on trees. Many probably post on this board.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I plan to lose weight & get fitter,write a novel & move house.

Oh sorry I misunderstood you :grrhee:

Statistical Jim needs to be booted outta town.
    -Bring Asante Samuel to town.
    -Bring Ken Hamlin to town
    -Bring Tony Gonzalez to town
    Tulloch will replace Sirmon but still may not be enough.
    -Roll the dice & blow the entire draft on the best player available at each pick & see what turns up.
    -Cut L Thompson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar