Your offseason plan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Textitan, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

a safety and a CB

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

... replace LT with Finnegan at FS ... and then try to pick up Asante Samuel to go where Hill is... give Hill 2nd string or nickel duties (along with Fuller).. we def. need some better run stoppers/pass rushers... (2nd round pick).. and I don't know why but Sirmon in the middle makes me nervous

.. on the O side..
    good bye C.Brown

.. hopefully hello.. Jarrett, Tony Gonzalez, Steve Smith (if we can somehow round if with a 3rd), draft some O-Line, and a Qb late..

retain/resign Collins for backup/mentor duty

and hopefully Givens will come off the knee injury ready to rock

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Comparing tackles to receptions won't work. Two entirely different stats. Bulluck making tackles 10 yards downfield is the equivalent of a receiver having catches for lost yardage. The stats are pretty, but not productive.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

.. lets say for one second this logic actually rings true.. you still can't ignore the fact that it was Bulluck (who we all know isn't a true runstopper, but more of a roamer) is the one making those potentially TD saving tackles

5. So if Bennett catches 4 passes but drops 2, the drops don't matter?

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

if drew bennett drops a pass but no one is around to see it.. did he actually drop it

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That's right SK. The 4 catches are a FACT. The 2 drops are an opinion.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

All receivers in this league drop passes. Drew is way down the list. Drew is our leading receiver, but I have never claimed he was a #1 receiver. That was supposed to be Givens' job. Just as you claim we can overlook Bulluck's weaknesses, I can say the same. Drew gets open, and makes a lot of catches for this team. He is productive. For what we pay him he's a steal. Since Drew isn't doing anything worse than any other receiver in this league (TO has 14 drops...some far more glaring than any of Drew's), I am not going to panic. Scaife dropped a far more crucial pass last week, but very few have even mentioned that. I don't think it's fair to argue a point about someone on defense by countering with offensive production. Apples and oranges.

9. Some WRs drop more than others. And yes, Drew makes a number of catches and is productive. But he also has had a number of drops over the years. He's a good value under his old contract, but he probably won't be under the next.

And I never said I overlook Bulluck's weaknesses. You just have to figure that in as part of how good he is. Just like Drew's drops.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

My Dream Offseason

1) Release, chris brown, peter sirmon, LT, woolfolk, hartstock, long, giesinger, king and possibly piller and any other bum taking up space like nickey. (Kinney is done)

2) resign, wade, bennett, smith, AH only if restructured, bell,and amano.
    (I'm still iffy on Brown)

3) FA's, sign a top DE like freeney or adalius, justin smith will do or the guy from the saints will do. CB-Samuel or clements will do. TE- tony G which will let us drop the regressing Ben Troupe.

4)Draft 1. FS-Reggie Nelson

2. WR-Anthony Gonzalez
    3. DT-Red Bryant
    4. C-Doug Datish
    4. ILB-Desmond Bishop
    5. CB-Jonathan Wade
    6. RB-Garrett Wolfe
    6.QB- Jared Zabransky
    7.OG-George Batiste

Wouldn't mind Terdell Sands if AH, and Long leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar