Your top 10 greatest Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think Albert Haynesworth is a little undervalued here. Remember, he did not start to suck hard until after he left Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Yeah, at his peak, he actually was. He was totally ignored by the national media... sucks that even Titans fans don't remember how good he really was. I recall watching games where teams wouldn't throw a ball his way for nearly four quarters and only at games end in desperation would they look his way (and more often than not he'd make them pay). He was sneaky smart CB and tried to bait QB's into throwing his way (ala Prime Time). The thing with Rolle was that he was totally brittle... almost every time he was forced to make a tackle he'd get dinged up.

I'm certainly biased as he was my favorite Titan, but because he was my favorite Titan I'd re-watch entire games focusing solely on him.

Jeeebus it's nasty humid here today. I'm off for a for a nice long morning cycling excursion... I'll probably sweat off 5lbs.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

rolle was an excellent corner. if he had played in the superbowl, we would have had a ring. rolle was the definition of a shutdown corner

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

never mi d he did play, regardless, shut down corner.

5. The Hammer

Man was Rolle good. That was back in the days when we played man D all the time. Anyone remember the pick 6 he had against Washington on Monday night? Right at the end of the first half. Took him forever to get into the end zone dodging all the tackles. He made it then collapsed on his back.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Hammer

If Marcus Robertson played we would have won ;)

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

1. Eddie George
    2. Keith Bulluck
    3. Frank Wycheck
    4. Steve McNair
    5. Drew Bennett
    6. Rob Bironas
    7. Craig Hentrich
    8. Kevin Mawae
    9. KVB
    10. Neil O'Donnell

I guess my choices reflect that I've not liked much about us recently. Goddfrey would have been on list but only had 3 seasons. Mason is traitor. Bishop was awesome but I'll always remember him as an Oiler even though had more seasons as a Titan

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

1. Steve McNair
    2.) Eddie George
    3.) Keith Bulluck
    4.) Kyle Vanden Bosch
    5.) Michael Roos
    6.) Chris Johnson
    7.) Samari Rolle
    8.) Albert Haynesworth
    9.) Frank Wycheck
    10.)Cortland Finnegan

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Eddie was a quality player for 5 seasons. 10K doesn't mean as much any longer there are several 10K backs who will not ever be in the hall of fame.

Eddie was never all of our offense either. Wycheck, Mason and Mcnair are on every top 10 list so what side of the ball did they play on?

I had Eddie in my top 10 over some good players so it is not like i was bashing him i just don't think he was better than some of these other guys.Some guys have him 1 or 2 which is preposterous.

Name another quality back that era who had a long career and only averaged 3.6 yards a carry?

Too dumb to bother with.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

McNair and Mason didn't really break out until Eddie hit the wall though. Eddie was our offense until 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar