Your top 10 greatest Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mason was released before the 2005 season so how is he a traitor? We got into cap hell and simply could not pay him and he was not dumb enough or his agent not dumb enough to get paid half of what he was worth.

Again he was released while under contract.

All he did was be the best clutch third down receiver this team ever had.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I looked it up and in Eddie's career here he averaged 1500 yards of offense on a team that averaged 5250 yards of offense. Which is 28%.

Over 3500 of his yards came after 2000 when he was at best an average starting player.

3. Rowdy009

Rowdy009 Starter

1) Steve McNair
    2) Eddie George
    3) Bruce Matthews
    4) Frank Wychek
    5) Keith Bullock
    6) Jevon Kearse
    7) Derrick Mason
    8) Craig Hentrich
    9) Rob Bironas
    10) Chris Johnson

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

@RollTard

Jerome Bettis/Curtis Martin

now get out of this thread.

5. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Looks like you forgot about Andre Woolfolk, Eddie Berlin and Al Del Greco. Not to mention second-round draft pick Chris Henry and third-round pick Paul Williams (who caught one pass for seven yards in four years.)

Honorable mention to Alex Mortensen, whose career stats are one pass for a pick six (OK, it was a preseason game.)

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

You can't think of it like that. Adrian Peterson "only averaged 38 percent" of the his team's offense during his 2000 yard season...I doubt anyone here would disagree with that AP WAS the Viking's offense.

And you forgot to add that in 99 and 00, Eddie was also averaging close to 500 yards receiving too.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Why is Bo Scaife on this list? I understand he wasn't that good, but he wasn't terrible by any means. He was a 6th round pick that averaged 400 yards a season in his 6 year career here. Not bad for someone that barely got drafted.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As much as I hated Al for gift wrapping a Super Bowl for the Ravens, he was money for so long.

Henry should be on the list as I actually expected something from him. The others... well I always knew they sucked.

My list is made up of guys we (or I) had expectations for, but did absolutely nothing but suck or fail to live up to the hype.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I liked him in 2006 and 2007. Beyond that I couldn't stand him. He sucked. His butterfingers were one of the many reasons we failed to beat the Ravens four years ago (can't believe it's been that long).

We franchise tagged that bum. Unbelievable.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Curtis martin averaged 4.0 yards per carry. Bettis averaged 3.9 yards per carry and played 5 more years than Eddie did. Bettis was 35 when his career ended and Eddie 30 when his ended.

In Eddie's best season for cumulative yards he only averaged 3.7 yards per carry.

Dillion-4.3 ypc
    Watters 4.1 ypc
    Dunn 4.1 ypc
    Barber 4.7 ypc

All those backs played in the same era Eddie did and ran for 10,000 yards.

Only an idiot tries to get into a stat war with rolltide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar