Your Top 5 Arnold Movies: GO!!

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by nickmsmith, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

1. Terminator 2 - possibly the best action movie of that era.

2. Conan the Barbarian - it was one of the first fantasy films that took fantasy seriously.

3. The Terminator - Michael Biehn is awesome. Don't argue with that. You'll just look stupid.

4. Predator - kind of a dumb movie, but I saw it as a kid and it was pretty much the most violent thing I had seen in my life and that made me feel like big stuff.

5. Terminator 3 - I know I am in the minority on this one, but I think this one falls in line with the first two. It actually makes sense of the plot that pretty much got mangled in the second one - if they stopped Judgement Day from happening then how in the world is John Connor still alive? Kyle Reese would never have come back if Judgement Day was stopped, which means that he would never have sperminated Sarah Connor...hence, no John Connor. At least the third film brings some resolution to that plot thread.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I thought t3 was awful for a slew of reasons. It made all the sacrifices of the computer guy, and the terminator all for nothing. Not to mention it just wasnt good in my opinion. plus Sarah Connor being dead. And the girl terminator, and Arnold being old.

The Reese coming back to the future thing is confusing, but even if it ended with T1 he still would have been born and dead in the same reality.

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Sequels typically do lessen the actions of the characters from the preceding film. I get what you are saying though.

Sarah being dead - they didn't want her for a major role and she didn't want to come back for just an extended cameo - but you couldn't just do the movie and not address her character somehow. I really didn't mind it that much. I felt her character arc was completed in T2.

I had no problem with a girl Terminator. But that is a matter of personal preference.

Arnold being old...tough one. I thought he played the character about as well as could be expected. It would have been better if he were younger, but that wasn't possible.

I thought the action was well done - not as good as T2, but right on par or better than T1. T1 started the franchise, but the story and the characters carry that film, not the action. T2 is all about the action. T3 had a pretty decent story and I happen to like the ending, even though it's pretty bleak.

4. nickmsmith

The girl Terminator was ok. She was hot, very hot. but not as interesting or unique of a villain as T1000.

Arnold did the best he could considering his age. It just wasn't the same. T2 was the perfect storm, with the cold, emotionless robot and the kid to teach him funny lines and things. I think that's what makes Arnold great, his comedy, which he did have some of in T3, too.

I hope Arnie gets back into action/comedy and not too heavy on the serious action. I'm thinking more along the lines of Kindergarten Cop and less along the lines of Predator. There aren't many 60 year old guys going on covert ops operations. That's what sets him apart from Stallone in my book, his silliness. But anyway, I'll go see whatever he is in.

Never saw the newest Terminator (not that he was really in it)

I think T3 did The Terminator series a little bit of a disservice, but not even in the same ballpark as Indiana Jones, Star Wars, or most of all, the Matrix 2 &3. People can't leave a good thing alone anymore.

Did you see they're remaking Scarface (aka the most overrated film on the planet?)
    Speaking of films that don't need a do-over..

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Yeah, I read that today. I read it wasn't supposed to be a prequel or a remake...not sure what that leaves...based on the description I read, it sure sounds a lot like a remake.

Stupid.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I love Scarface...GREAT movie..!!!

7. nickmsmith

do you think you'll like the remake?
    I saw Scarface for the first time about 5 years ago, and i like Carlito's Way more, honestly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't know.

I saw Scarface in a theatre when it first came out, ...GREAT movie...!!!

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

WHAT!? Scarface remake? Al Pacino?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar