Your top five video games... in order

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TitanJeff, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I grew up with Laotion and Thai kids. All they played was MK1. Sad times for the white kid.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I never got into them but I had a friend who became OBSESSED with Everquest. He got to where he started skipping school and everything. He would just be glued to that monitor like 16-18 hours a day.

The weird thing was he was so not even the type to get THAT hooked on a game. I remember hearing/reading a lot of stories about people going overboard with that game.

3. Titans Eternal

Pretty much everything you just said was me as a kid. I got so hooked on everquest that from 6th to 7th grade I decided to be "homeschooled" so I could stay at home and play EQ for 15 hours a day. Then, when I finally went back to school I would get into fights just so I could go home and play MORE Everquest.

That game killed my social life for a good 3 years.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I do! Well, I used to. City of Villains (City of Heroes) was the best one ever imo.

5. Titans Eternal

Regen scrappers were so insane before they nerfed IH. When I played it was a toggle, now I hear it heals for a ton less and is a timed ability.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

pong
    [​IMG]

hockey
    [​IMG]

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I have no distinguishable 1st place game.

MK1, MK2, MK3, Ultimate MK3, Street Fighter 2, Mega Man 1-X2, Mario Bros 3, The Star Wars SNES games, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, WWF games..

That is my childhood in a nutshell.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

1. Gears of War
    2. Counter-Strike
    3. Halo 2
    4. Red Dead Redemption
    5. Madden 2005

This is probably more based on hours I've put into games (with the exception of Red Dead which I haven't played that much).

Madden 05 was my favorite Madden game of all time and was the first one with online gameplay. It did have Ray Lewis on the cover which was dumb, but that was the best Madden and I probably played 300 ranked games (managed to beat three different top 5 ranked players). I used to be so good at Madden.

I just started playing Red Dead Redemption this summer. I ran through the single player in just a couple of weeks. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a single player game as much as that one.

I've never put more time into a game than Halo 2 (online multiplayer). I played it on and off for a few years until Gears came out. The standbyers and modders can go to hell, but I made it to a level 37 in team slayer back in Summer of '06. I retired after that.

Counter-Strike is what made me get Xbox Live (in 7th or 8th grade)... I suck at PC games, so I never caught onto the game on the computer, but enjoyed it on XBOX more than most did... I am definitely looking forward to the new CS game coming out in January.

I can't believe I don't have GoW 3 yet. I've been more focused with school and other expenses. Not sure I can be this strong much longer. I've never played a game that satisfies so much when it comes to kills. Best headshots in any game I've ever played, awesome graphics, and just completely different from any shooter I've ever played (regardless of the 3rd person style). If the Titans keep sucking and we get destroyed these next two games, I'll likely cancel my Carolina trip and sell back those tickets. That would at least give me some money to blow on Gears.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As far as my favorite childhood games... Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64, Mario 64.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Esh...top 5?

Not even going to try, here are my top games

God of War series (including Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus)
    Mass Effect series
    Uncharted series
    Final Fantasy 7,8,9,12
    Infamous 1 and 2
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Punch Out
    Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4
    Sonic 1, 2, 3
    Super Mario 3
    Gears of War 1 and 2
    Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3

And I am probably forgetting a lot

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar