youtube vid of VY vs Raiders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by reo, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

his reads weren't amazing...or he wouldn't of had such a low passer rating. And his decision making looked below average at best..

I love Vince, but I'm a little concerned..

2. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

That's a good point... and I think you will see more teams with try that and until VY makes them pay by breaking off runs for first downs or breaking out of the pocket and making completions team's will only continue to do so... with all that said... I wouldn't encourage him to run around too much in the preseason... I would instead like to see him force the issue and stay in the pocket to practice trying to beat them with his arm but without help from the recieving corp we will get much of what we saw friday night.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I loved Vince the Collegiate, not the Professional.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

maybe Vince is punking us. I sure hope so. Ashton Kutcher runs out on the field with camera crews. maybe not. wishful thinking

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I hope VY doesn't run around alot in the pre-season. He just needs to work on reading the defense better and delivering the ball quicker.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Maybe I miscounted, but I thought I saw three passes that should have been caught. That would make it 7/13, and then there was another one that should have definitely been pass interference.

After watching again, there are three passes I completely blame on Vince. The deep ball to McCariens, the dump off to Hall (even though he had an end in his face, I feel like he needs to make that one happen somehow), and that one that came up eight yards short of Gage. I don't feel like it was that horrible. Definitely not good, but I don't think 3 bad passes in a preseason game is reason to jump ship.

Were you at the game? Because I watched the game live and just watched the VY footage above 4 times. You can't even see the receivers until Vince has already thrown the ball. So unless you were there, there is no way you know anything about how open the receivers were coming out of their breaks.
    And by my count he had a rusher in his face 8 times. Not just two.

Oh, well there's the answer to my question above.

7. reo

reo Starter

his reads had nothing to do w/ his passer rating. he made good reads and threw it to the right guys. he just hesitated too much b/c he waited for the WR to make his cut instead of anticipating the cut which gave the corners time to get to the WRs and knock the ball down. This is a product of not having confidence that the WRs to be there at the right time. That will come w/ practice.

His other problem was due to him not stepping into his throws which was a product both of himself and on his OL not blocking well. This is fixable as well.

relax people.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I also noticed that when VY passed the ball that they didn't use play action alot. I can't remember but maybe once. So that definately would've helped. I watched his footwork and it seems okay. He stepped in on throws a few times. I also saw that on some of his incompetions that he was judging where the WR's would be and the WR's didn't get there in time. Which is equal blame. I really wouldn't make a big deal about this. I'm expecting a good game against the Falcons(which I might go to).

9. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I was never really worried about Young's performance on Friday, but after watching that clip, I am even less worried. Young actually started really strong that game. He overthrew a couple deep passes, but even after that he had a few more passes that were just dropped. His numbers would not have looked that bad at all if White and Gage just come up with those catches.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From what I've seen, the deep ball is his weakest area. But that can be said of most QBs and will continue to be rare in any team coached by Jeff Fisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar