Zach Mettenberger aiming to be the Titans’ Week One starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Your SEC butthurt is definitely showing.

I don't see how a last second national title loss is a "slaughtering". Laughable. I guess in your world Michigan was slaughtered by Iowa and Nebraska last year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If by some chance Jake Locker suffers an injury early in the season again i think it would be a bad decision to throw Whitehurst in as starter. There are several reasons. The first is based on past play in both the preseason and regular season Whitehurst hasn't exactly shown he can do much of anything. Whitehurst coming in would not mean a good outcome.

If the team still has a chance why not throw Mettenberger in and see what happens? The team could also see if Mettenberger is worth keeping or not and if they need to spend an early pick in the next draft on a QB or not. There have been rookie QB's that have come in and played well and that could happen with Mettenberger.

Best case scenario is Mettenberger plays well and the team can spend their early draft picks on offensive weapons or upgrading the defense. Worst case scenario would be Mettenberger not working out but at least the team could cut their losses and be prepared to draft a QB in the next draft.

I personally hope Locker plays well and stays healthy we end the five year playoff drought here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Well, at least on that point we can agree :banjump:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Regardless... a mere "good" Oklahoma team b*tch slapped the 2nd best SEC team like they were a high school squad.

5. Alex1939

MICHIGAN WAS SLAUGHTERED IN THEIR 3 PT LOSS TO IOWA LAST YEAR!!!! RIGHT DUNCE???

6. Deuce Wayne

Really hanging on to that, huh?

Regardless... the SEC lost. Both their best teams. And their next best teams were middle of the pack Big 12 teams...

Eat it, son.

7. Alex1939

Remind me how many championships sec teams won in the bcs era.

How many did Michigan win again?

8. Deuce Wayne

...which would be why I'm not praising Michigan.

UT fan.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Go Vols!

SEC-SEC-SEC!!!

10. Alex1939

UT has one. Michigan has zero never even made it to the game. Michigan totally irrelevant during bcs era. Michigans most noteworthy bcs era history was losing to app state.

How many did the sec as a conference win again? You butthurt? Of course you are

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar