Zach Mettenberger confident he'd beat out any QB at #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Of course none of this would even be an issue or topic if they draft defense : Williams, Gregory, Fowler Jr - like they're supposed to do.

Then worry about QB in 2016 via draft or FA if Mett proves incapable with a full year of trial.

image.jpg

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't think you can just hand the job to someone who hasn't proven himself, or earned it... without being challenged. 1st round picks get this luxury... Mettenberger doesn't, in my opinion.

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yup but I just think there's to many other needs that they can build up before a 1st round QB who would either be a huge red flag or one that apparently doesn't fit Whisenhunts scheme.

Go defense, defense, O-line. Build up both those lines of first defense, pass-rusher/cover corner.

If they finish in the toilet again - they can go after a new HC (hopefully one that will stick around for the long term) and HE can hand pick his franchise signal caller in the 1st/2nd round of the draft.

A lot of wishful thinking but to me makes the most sense at the current period in time, with all things considered.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

If that is true then this organization is more foolish than we all already believe.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What people don't realize is Mett would of likely been a 2nd rounder, if it wasn't for his injury and failed drug test at the combine. He has the talent of a 2nd rounder, I honestly think with the right weapons.. Mett could be atleast Joe Flacco. I'd kill to have Joe Flacco on this team.

6. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I hope they don't go with a QB. Go with Williams, paired with Casey, could make for a really good DL. I think Mettenberger is good enough for right now. They need to make a lot of other improvements to the roster as well.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree with this..go D..draft QB at some point but not at 2...Bo Wallace..Brandon Bridge could compete with Mett. I'd consider Sanchez in FA as well. If Philly wants Mariota ask for Jordan Matthews in the deal...he worked well with Sanchez

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

If Philly wants that #2 pick then I would demand Jordan Matthews be in whatever deal they come up with. A big bodied young potential #1 WR to basically swap out with Justin Hunter would be great

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No one would survive behind our OL, let's get that fixed first. The QB debate all off season may end up burning this site down. A team begins and ends with a QB, my fear is sticking with Mett will result in the "maybe, I don't know" guy for a 3rd straight time. The Titans are dying because they keep whiffing on signal callers. Part of me wants to go met and go BPA in the draft. Another part is the fear of moving on from Mett after an injury filled season and not being in the same position next year.

FWIW, I wasn't a big Mett guy last year but he grew on me when I saw him in action. I truly don't believe he's a franchise guy yet due to the small sample size. I do think he'll always be a guy where he has to have plenty of weapons and a top OL to make any noise. I think Mariota could mask some of weaknesses and be a bigger part of the offense.

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Eli manning was just average when he won his first super bowl, but their defense was awesome. That shows you can reach to the super bowl and win with an average QB and a stout defense.

From what Mett showed us, he is at the average QB level as of now and has lots of room for improvement (off-season to prepare and being 100% healthy). In other words, go defense in the draft and stick with Mett. This years draft is loaded with top quality defensive players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar