Zach Mettenberger

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ImATitan, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

What do you all think of LSU QB Zach Mettenberger? I really like him.

I just watched him vs Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M & Alabama. 5 very respectable opponents and I saw 5 good to great performances. He's got the frame for the NFL, but more importantly great deep accuracy with an unbelievably strong arm and velocity.

He doesn't come without flaws. He's very limited in terms of escapability. He needs to do a better job reading blitzes and executing under them.

The knee injury doesn't bother me cause he's rarely gonna run (or even escape the pocket). I do wish he could do a little more to escape pressure with his legs, but I'm not overly concerned about that (can Brady or Manning escape pressure?)

He also played behind an amazing OL & group of WRs.

Still, I'd have no problem drafting this guy. Actually, I'd like too. Not the end all be all, but I'd welcome it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'd take him in the 4th, or late in the 3rd if we get one.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've been unimpressed every time I've seen him play. But I haven't watched him much.

If Murray is gone in the 4th I wouldn't hate the pick.

4. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

He's not a first or second round talent and because of the needs we have, we shouldn't waste a pick on QB until round 4 or later...

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

^ I agree, but would absolutely take this guy in the 3rd if we had one, or 4th.

I'd take him over AJ McCaron or Garappolo.

6. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

I think we should wait, I know a ton of people believe in Tyler Wilson, so I say we give Locker this last season and if it blows up in our face we let Wilson back him up if Locker gets injured we give Wilson a shot. If Wilson turns out to be a dud then we get a good draft pick and get QB round 1 or free agency.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

True we can wait for next year if we flop this year and have a high first. Ideally, that's how you want to pick your next QB; early 1st round. But I have a feeling even if Locker goes down this team still wins 5-7 games, no top 5 pick again.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Over Garappolo? Ouch.

My current QB board is:
    T1. Bortles
    T1. Manziel
    3. Carr
    4. Garappolo
    5. Murrary
    6. Bridgewater
    7. Mettenberger

Still debating Manziel vs Bortles. You could probably convince me that Mettenberger is better than Teddy.

9. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Maybe that's why we brought in this greaser as a backup.... [​IMG]

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

My board right now:

1. Bortles
    2. Bridgewater
    3. Manziel
    4. Carr
    5. Mettenberger
    6. Murray
    7. Garappolo
    8. Mccaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar