Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Zillions of Ipod options....

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Bobo, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    That's probably years away, but yes they did just file for a patent for that
  2. vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Moolah:
    $0
    Can't you buy DRM free versions for 30 cents more?
  3. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    For some things you can, though I think it's still aac rather than mp3. But most of the music industry refuses to sell DRM-free music through iTunes because they think Apple is already too big. But you can buy most of it from Amazon for less than Apple sells DRMed music.
  4. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    yes, and supposedly the "premium" files are also higher fidelity

the issue with Apple Music Store selections isn't so much a DRM problem but more of a codec consideration
  5. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    so is it some kind of 'watermark' or something ? os is it the AAC codec ?

I ask because I was looking through the music files on my PSP and some of them are AAC
  6. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Some other non-Apple players read AAC files, though the majority probably don't. Not sure which do or don't, frankly.

But the bigger issue is normally the DRM that keeps people from playing music on their iPod that hasn't been authorized to play in their copy of iTunes. But yes, if you were to buy DRM-free music from iTunes, it would still be AAC and the player would need to be able to play that format.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.